U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Blondebaerde
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Fun Motorcycle Choice....

Posted 07-20-2020 at 09:47 PM by Blondebaerde

Funny predicament: Funny, as in nothing at stake but next bike, sometime in the future, 2021 if the world doesn't collapse. We thought it would in 2009, btw, and I do not know (no one does) if this time is similar. Bought a bike in 2010 and all was well, btw, being an optimist.

I've owned 13 bikes since '87. I sold a 2014 Multistrada early 2020, because I'd not ridden much if at-all for two years: an asset sitting around in my garage. No regrets, I'd tired of the Ducati (great...
Big Data
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Turkey: Murdering and Bombing Through NW Syria. And...?

Posted 02-28-2020 at 10:54 PM by Blondebaerde

(NOTE: response to a FB thread, local to my town, that Turkey must be "held accountable" for their behavior in attacking Kurds and restoring order to a lawless land. I'm not on any "side" here, they're all murdering terrorists in my view, but some are indeed our geopolitical allies, thus "our" murdering terrorists, it would seem!)

LOL. Turkey isn't going to be "held accountable" by anyone, they are needed as allies in other matters. The...
Big Data
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

About Underarmour

Posted 01-22-2020 at 05:37 PM by Blondebaerde

So, as a man, and single, my choices in clothing are simple and tasteful if not completely stylish. I'm 52. I work from home and attempt to impress no one, though never look like a bum in public either.

Over the decades, I've observed brands now that I can afford most things (withing reason). I've bought plenty of Polo: golf shirts, short sleeve, long sleeve in the 2000s. Great and wore well, though needed laundering (professional) and ironing. Lasted years, no complaints....
Big Data
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Nobel Peace Prize Fraud

Posted 10-25-2019 at 03:39 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 05-26-2020 at 09:44 PM by Blondebaerde

Trump interview: What a great interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L5G8ngxkz0

At the end, I'm wondering once again where his so-called "Nobel Peace Prize" is, from those frauds in Norway. Pulling American troops out of Syria, let the Turkish Army deal with terrorists the way they should be. Empty the prison, ISIS running wild? Let the Turks deal with their own back yard: that's as peaceful as it gets. Russians moving in, they can go nose-to-nose....
Big Data
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

ON: Used Cars, USA 2019

Posted 01-14-2019 at 11:08 PM by Blondebaerde

There are often threads on Automotive: "Why are used cars so expensive in the US these days?"

Posters have floated various ideas, including me: I thought it was a a straight economic function of supply vs. demand. Cars are generally better built each year, and for example my Tacoma is now 11 and have zero intention of selling or trading for new. One could never say that of, say, a 1975 Dodge my dad had that was pretty much destroyed due to rust and wear by 1982, in Michigan....
Big Data
Posted in Uncategorized