Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Anointed words

Posted 07-11-2023 at 10:09 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

1 Corinthians 2:4,5 - "And my speech, and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power; that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God."

Words, when anointed, become a spiritual vehicle that transports us from one realm to another; or, put another way, the natural word becomes spiritual through the anointing of the Holy Spirit. In John 6:63, Jesus stated the words He spoke to them...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Removing the walls

Posted 08-12-2021 at 02:21 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Song of Solomon 2:9 - "Behold, He is standing behind our wall, He is looking through the windows, He is peering through the lattice."

Yes, Christ dwells within us, but He is standing behind our "walls." The walls between us and the Savior are primarily the work of :

Unrenewed Minds
Hardened Hearts
We have barricaded ourselves behind fears and,
Carnal Attitudes

The good news is that these barriers...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Praying The Psalms - Psalms 26 and Psalm 27

Posted 04-30-2021 at 10:39 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

O Lord, I love to dwell in the glory of your presence and declare all of your wonders with the voice of thanksgiving. Psalm 26:7,8

Lord Jesus, you are my light and salvation and the defense of my life -- whom shall I fear? Psalm 27:1

I dwell in His presence and behold His beauty as I meditate on His Word.
Psalm 27:4

My head is lifted up above the circumstances of life as I die to self and sing praises to the Lord.
Psalm 27:6

I am strong...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Gates Of Hell

Posted 03-13-2021 at 09:14 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Matthew 16:18 - "On this rock I will build My church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Where precisely are the gates of hell? Where does the devil sit in power?

The mind is the gatekeeper of the Kingdom of God. It is the place of access, transition, and power. It follows that the gates of hell are set up in people's minds. Jesus made this clear:

Matthew 16:23 - But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, satan!...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Albert Finch Ministry - Daily Devotional - September 10, 2020

Posted 09-10-2020 at 03:43 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

John 10:10 - "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."

He is working deep in your heart, He is working and rewiring your mind as you feast on His truth, and He is strengthening you for what is ahead. He is bringing you further into the abundant life that you have in fulfilling His purpose for your life.

1 Corinthians 2:9 - "But, as it is written, 'What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor
Posted in Uncategorized