Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Old

Walking In Freedom From Guild And Condemnation

Posted 02-20-2022 at 11:21 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Romans 8:1 - "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

Our captivity to guilt, shame, and condemnation limits us. It keeps us from experiencing everything God wants us to receive by faith.

If we don't know we're clean, we will not have confidence before God to ask for anything in faith, to know that He is the one at work within us to accomplish His desires or to actually believe that we can have the desires of our hearts....
Posted in Christianity
Old

Scripture Of The Day – February 20, 2022

Posted 02-20-2022 at 04:27 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." - 1 Corinthians 2:12

God is ready to bring you new understanding of the knowledge -- His Spirit desires that you would call out, you would decree His awesomeness, you would claim, and then revelation will come – with knowledge.

By meditating and declaring how awesome He is in your place and know that wherever...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Understanding Our Inheritance

Posted 02-19-2022 at 07:09 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Revelation 19:14 - "And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses."

In this passage, a wonderful picture is painted of the armies of Heaven following Christ into battle. These armies have been washed in the Blood of the lamb. These are the souls of the departed saints that are going to return with Christ when He invades this world and destroys the armies of darkness.

The Lord in this hour is...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Scripture Of The Day – February 19, 2022

Posted 02-19-2022 at 12:43 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Hebrews 11:1 - "You need to see your miracle in your spirit before it will manifest. You need to see it as finished."

There is something in the heart of God that likes to move in the impossible. There is something about the heart of God that likes to move when something is dead. There is something about breakthrough and the dawning of a new day that comes when you are so dead and hopeless you do not know if anything is going to be able to happen. That is when God is going...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Lifting Our Heart Up To Jesus

Posted 02-18-2022 at 11:16 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Luke 9:54 - "When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, "Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them?"

Jesus healed all who came to Him -- no exceptions. He also healed all the Father directed Him to heal. Setting another standard than what Jesus gave us is unacceptable.

GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD

Jesus stilled every life-threatening storm that He encountered. We never see Him using His authority to increase...
Posted in Christianity