Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Old

Albert Finch Ministry - Daily Devotional - August 24, 2020

Posted 08-24-2020 at 02:30 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Mark 11:23,24 - "...shall not doubt in his heart but shall BELIEVE THAT WHAT HE SAYS shall be done, WHATSOEVER HE SAYS SHALL BE DONE unto him. Therefore I say unto you, whatever things you desire, when you pray, BELIEVE THAT YOU RECEIVE them, and you shall have them."

Believing is an action word. Just before Jesus told us in Mark 11:24 to believe that we receive, He told us in verse 23 that we "we shall have whatever we say." Put those two together and you'll see...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Albert Finch Ministry - Daily Devotional - August 23, 2020

Posted 08-23-2020 at 11:38 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Acts 13:52 - "And the disciples were continually filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit."

What is our attitude regarding allowing the Holy Spirit to manifest His life and power through us? Are we thirsty? Are we longing? Are we willing to pay the price?

Are we willing to forfeit in order to have? Are we willing to allow ourselves to die so that He may live? Are we willing for Him to have the right-of-way in our heart, our conscience, and all we are?...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Ascending Higher

Posted 08-22-2020 at 08:16 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Ephesians 3:19 - "And to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God."

There is a place greater than knowledge where we abide in Christ's love. This is, indeed, the stronghold of God. It is a place where our knowledge of God is fulfilled with the substance of God. We cannot truly know God without, in some way, also experiencing His person. We must seek Him until we pass through our knowledge into an encounter with...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Albert Finch Ministry - Daily Devotional - August 22, 2020

Posted 08-22-2020 at 08:36 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Psalm 73:25 - "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you."

In the Old Testament Abraham, Moses Elijah, and David. gave themselves wholly to God, without reservation, so that He could accomplish His plans through them. Should we not, therefore, declare that there is nothing on earth or in heaven that means more to us than He?

As fully as God gives Himself to us, so fully does He desire that we give ourselves to Him. Without an...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Albert Finch Ministry - Daily Devotional - August 21, 2020

Posted 08-21-2020 at 03:58 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

2 Corinthians 10:5 - "We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,"

We tend to live our lives based on our feelings. We DO feel emotional atmospheres, and typically, when it is negative, we want to react with a quick word to defend ourselves or make our point.

So what can you do to shift your feelings to a Holy Spirit directed response? STOP. Quiet yourself and ask Holy Spirit,...
Posted in Christianity