U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > snowduck
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

The Reformation

Posted 10-02-2020 at 10:23 AM by snowduck

Matthew 15:9 - They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules. - Most of us have not been able to take a road trip this year, but when we do we want our maps, g.p.s or whatever to be accurate. And accuracy regarding God's word is what the leaders of the church reformation worked for. Christ had the same problem. Before the reformer's work became successful in the fifteen hundreds there was only one church in the whole world that would permit no others and was willingly preaching...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Pass the Humble Pie

Posted 08-28-2020 at 09:30 AM by snowduck

Matthew 23:12 - For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted. - This scripture is part of a parable which is described by Eastons Bible dictionary as "an earthly (fictional, this word mine) story with a heavenly meaning," "A large portion of our Lord's public teaching consisted of parables". Whether Christ was speaking in parables or using regular language it was always a teachable moment for us, and he makes it clear that he...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Endure (Reposted from 2009)

Posted 07-31-2020 at 10:11 AM by snowduck

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 - We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. - This scripture is part of a letter written by Paul the apostle about 55 AD to the Christian church in Corinth. In it Paul mentions the difficulties and the blessings experienced by him in serving the Lord. After being called by Christ, Paul endured many things for the Gospel. They included shipwrecks, beatings, stonings, prison...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Not Gonna Happen

Posted 07-01-2020 at 08:58 AM by snowduck

John 10:28-30 - I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” In the mid 70's there was a television show called "Kung Fu" about a young man learning that skill. Part of his training was trying to grab a pebble out of one of his teacher's hands before the teacher closed it. Eventually the young man was...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Misconceptions

Posted 05-28-2020 at 09:20 AM by snowduck
Updated 05-28-2020 at 09:39 AM by snowduck

I did this subject years ago and I think it's important because some misconceptions about Christianity can be dangerous because they mislead people so I'm doing it again. Misconceptions that aren't in the Bible can creep in or they can openly break in and deceive. Following are just a few misconceptions that many people have: 1. Enough good deeds will get us to Heaven. While we are told to do good deeds, they won't get us to Heaven. If this were true...
Posted in Uncategorized