Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 06:05 PM

52 posts, read 128,892 times

Advertisements

This I agree with. At least Boise proper that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 09:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,744 times
Boise is the worst for finding women because most are either married or to young. Many are Mormon. I have found most women that are single, available, friendly come from other states. Those that live here are the worst. Probably why I am moving in the next few months. Terrible here.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:07 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsnutim12 View Post
Boise is the worst for finding women because most are either married or to young. Many are Mormon. I have found most women that are single, available, friendly come from other states. Those that live here are the worst. Probably why I am moving in the next few months. Terrible here.
Nice of you to pop in here in your first post and insult pretty much all the available women in Boise. Probably good you're moving on to greener pastures.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:45 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,450 times
Does that make his point invalid? I can say I've heard a lot of people say the very same thing about the singles scene in Boise.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:16 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,187,379 times
I was in Boise for awhile about ten years ago, and it stunk then, for me at least....just real socially withdrawn, apathetic and distant, is what I found to the case as a single guy in the dating realm, in Boise.....but that was a long time ago. The loneliness I personally experienced in Boise is exactly why I left. Just my opinion and experience though. I sure met some real mean souls there as well, in the dating realm. Left a bad taste in my mouth for Boise, haven't been back since. Boise is way overrated, imo, on many fronts.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 10-14-2014 at 12:29 AM..

Old 10-14-2014, 07:44 AM

863 posts, read 2,993,071 times
Our sons went to school here their entire lives and know a lot of people across the area because of their involvement in school sports and activities. Now that they are in their mid 20's some of that connection has broken down to some degree. A couple years ago, they gave up dating for a while. They have a group of tight friends, guys and girls, but use online dating services. I have several single female friends 40+ who have given up on dating.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:12 AM

2 posts, read 5,199 times
I got a message this post was active again so I thought I would update... I originally posted in 2010 and I was 29 and just moved to Boise and found it to be a tough singles scene. Well not much has changed! Except now I am 33 and still single hahaha!

I moved to in 2010 Boise and actually made a fair amount of friends. I moved abroad for work in mid 2011 for about a year and came back to Boise and a lot of those friends had moved onto bigger cities for better jobs. It's been about 2 years since I moved back and I haven't had a relationship or made many new friends... just a ton of first dates.. some good, most bad and overall an incredibly disappointing dating scene. However I travel a ton for work so I have that working against me... lots of men aren't interested in dating someone that is gone often.

The lack of friends and a relationship is why I am planning on moving away in the spring... Boise is a lovely place to live but I want to live among other young, single professionals. I have friends in SF,SD, Denver, NYC, PDX and work from home so I have tons of options of where to live.

However I would say that I have single friends all over and it seems to be difficult everywhere. Overall I have kind of given up on the idea of a relationship and while that might seem sad it's actually been for the better. I am 33, no kids, divorced for about 5 years, have a graduate degree, just got promoted, keep active and am tons of fun! No one in my family or friends can figure out why I am single but it is what it is. Perhaps things will change in the future but I am not holding my breath... I just enjoy life as a single woman and it's actually quite fun!

Old 10-14-2014, 10:18 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,900,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsnutim12 View Post
Bad attitude. Good riddance.
How did you find this thread?

Last edited by Syringaloid; 10-14-2014 at 10:27 AM..

Old 10-14-2014, 03:15 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Does that make his point invalid? I can say I've heard a lot of people say the very same thing about the singles scene in Boise.
I think a blanket statement that "all the women women who live here are the worst" and the women NOT from Idaho are apparently OK by comparison really strains his credibility, yes.

So for that poster, it's probably very good for his happiness that he's moving on...

Old 10-16-2014, 02:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,609 times
I'm thinking about moving to Boise soon with a new job offer... Although am a single mother of 1... You all are scaring me from going ... Should I make sure and bring a collection of cats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area