Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 01:50 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,838,848 times

Advertisements

Here's what I'd like to see if we can get posted up here...

A generally map of the greenbelt area, with PLACES AND TIMES where sexual assaults are confirmed to have happened. I think that would be a great service to anyone reading this thread. Have any of you seen something of this type in your local paper? Or anything we can hyperlink to for reference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 02:30 PM

863 posts, read 2,992,832 times
Check out this link. It is the only thing I know about that is even close.

The Greenbelt runs across town, you will only get this info by section of town. Further, I cannot see that the green belt is physically marked making this difficult to determine. If you type in 1910 University Drive which is the main address of BSU, it will show the surrounding area. It only has 3 mos history of assults, is not sexual assult specific, and only includes the Ada County Sheriff reports.

Hope it helps shead some light on this.

Ada County Mapping

Old 10-13-2010, 09:18 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,260 times
I don't think the Greenbelt is that dangerous at night... no more so than any dark place with few people anywhere else in the Boise area.

But I do think that because people tend to use the Greenbelt, especially college kids going home from late classes, police should step up patrols.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:16 PM

993 posts, read 3,252,843 times
I see opportunity here...
Stun Gun rental kiosks at Greenbelt entry points

Old 10-14-2010, 09:35 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,886,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
I don't think the Greenbelt is that dangerous at night... no more so than any dark place with few people anywhere else in the Boise area.
I disagree, because of the high number of transients and the fact that it is in a dark area with lots of brush and area to conceal what you're doing, it is much more dangerous to walk down the greenbelt at night than say Milwaukee Blvd, or even Broadway for that matter. I'm a male and I used to live down off the greenbelt and sometimes felt a little sketchy going through there at night. Not scared of rape, but I usually had my iPod with me and backpack, which always looks inviting. I only found myself down there after 1 am alone a few times, but it is a little discomforting.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:16 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,899,365 times
As I thought, this story was fishy from the beginning. Seriously, people like this have problems.
Local press, any pictures of this chick to put in the news? Maybe she sexually assaulted herself and then felt bad afterwards??? Hopefully she gets charged for wasting resources.

Boise police: Report of rape on Downtown Greenbelt Oct. 10 was a hoax | Boise State University | Idaho Statesman (http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/11/05/1406660/boise-police-report-of-rape-on.html - broken link)
Boise police: Report of rape on Downtown Greenbelt Oct. 10 was a hoaxBY PATRICK ORR - porr@idahostatesman.com
Published: 11/05/10

Boise police say a woman who told officers she was attacked and raped by a stranger on the Greenbelt near the Capitol Bridge in the early morning hours of Oct. 10 was not telling the truth
Read more: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/11/05/1406660/boise-police-report-of-rape-on.html#ixzz14RPfPbD4 (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area