Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 12:17 PM

993 posts, read 3,252,040 times

Advertisements

The wife and I are celebrating 36 years together tomorrow .

If we were going into Boise for a Seafood dinner where should we be going >??
What is your favorite fish place in Boise and where do we stay away from ?

Thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 12:24 PM

674 posts, read 1,458,693 times
McGrath's (on Entertainment/Cole); Bonefish Grill (Broad/9th); your typical Red Lobster (anywhere); Joe's Crabshack (Garden/Fairview... very loud and obnoxious)...

I can't think of too many others. Lots of steak houses will serve salmon and/or trout.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:46 PM

68 posts, read 170,201 times
Those are all mainstream joints...are there any whole-in-the-wall or independent establishments known for their fish? Fresh or salt?

Desertryder- I suggest Yelp, there's some great reviews on there for any area. It's my go-to site for anything. From dog groomers to fine dining!

Old 11-01-2010, 02:21 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,706,509 times
Chandlers is a steak house but they do have some great fish/seafood items. Great steak, too.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:34 PM

863 posts, read 2,992,091 times
I'd suggest Murphys on Broadway or the Cottonwood Grill. Both are nice indepencent restaurants, not chains, and should have several nice seafood selections. Unfortunately Boise is NOT the best city for great seafood dining.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:32 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,362,364 times
Skip the chain restaurants. Obviously inland cities are not going to have as good of seafood as coastal cities but Boise has some really good local restaurants with fish and I have been told by friends in the business that the seafood is shipped fresh from Seattle a few times a week.

zoso1979 gave a few great ideas, Cottonwood Grill is delicious.

Chandlers has great seafood, kind of spendy.

Angells downtown in the bottom of the Simplot Headquarters building is nice, here is their menu. Boise Steaks | Seafood Restaurant @ Angell's Bar and Grill

Berryhill in downtown is a fine restaurant with seafood on the menu
Berryhill & Co. - Menus (http://www.berryhillandco.com/menus - broken link)

Cafe Vicino is one of the best restaurants I have been to, anywhere.
Cafe Vicino

Basically, most of the more fine dining restaurants in the downtown area have a mix of seafood and steak, and other meats on their menus and downtown makes for more of a romantic evening than a strip mall or chain restaurant by Edwards Cinemas or Boise Towne Square.

Fresh Off The Hook near the mall is good as well.

If you like it raw there are a lot of sushi restaurants in downtown and around the city. Just Google for menus for the restaurants I did not post links for.

Last edited by TohobitPeak; 11-01-2010 at 05:42 PM..

Old 11-01-2010, 08:19 PM

68 posts, read 170,201 times
Whoo-hoo! Thank you! & I wasn't even the original poster...replying so I can go back to this post in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area