U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:42 PM

168 posts, read 216,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmadsm View Post
Motomac, Thanks for your committed service Sir! You'll be a great addition to the Boise area, my dad spent some years in the Navy as a Seabee.

anyways, as long as you have your retired military ID you can utilize all the facilities on base, from the commissary to the BX to the Hospital (which is where I work, we have appointments and lab work done for retirees all the time!) As well as the library, gym, etc.
I know they have a VA hospital up in Boise, and i have heard some suprsingly good things about it as far as customer service and ammenities if you have some medical needs that you need done closer to home.

Thanks for the scoop, enigma.....just the kind of info I needed. I'm sure it will be worth the drive to make a monthly commissary/PX run. A hospital on the base sounds good, and I didn't know about the VA hospital in Boise either. At the moment I don't have any real medical problems, but at my age they can come along quickly...so it's good to be prepared.

Again, thanks for the info. My countdown calendar says I'm at 83 days as of tomorrow morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 12:48 PM

168 posts, read 216,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Camping off the bike has been fun but lugging all that crap strapped on my bike down wet trails make me wink

Check out IAMC | Idaho Adventure Motorcycle Club

The pictures and ride reports helped me make the move to Emmett.

I have had a TON of with members of this club and I can't wait for next springs adventures.
Those are the same ride reports I've been reading!!! I like the ones posted by the guy with the Kockroach Kawi. They seem to plan their rides to end at some sort of motel or campground each evening, which sounds better than camping....and also means carrying a lot less gear with you on the bike. I prefer to have only emergency gear with me....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area