Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 06:43 PM

85 posts, read 294,470 times

Advertisements

Phoenix is the kidnap capital of the US. No way I'd move where all the illegals are trying to get in and the crime is out the roof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 08:19 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedew View Post
Average crime rating from 1999-2009...

Boise: 283.7

Phoenix: 559.8

I understand you shouldn't let fear control your life, but it would be unwise not to consider the safety of your surroundings.
Phoenix yes, but Im considering GIlbert AZ..where do you get your figures...I really want to know so I can look up Gilbert

Old 03-08-2011, 01:52 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,032 times
My cousin in Surprise, AZ just recently had a scorpian infestation in his house, btw he has a 1 1/2 yr old daughter that was just staring to move around at the time. No thank you.

To drive from his house in Surprise to my aunt's house in Mesa it takes almost two hours. Two hours of strip malls and heat and traffic. It's not that far, but in the time it takes I could drive halway across the state of Idaho.

Arizona= Fun to spend a couple weeks every January or December in. But I don't think I could ever live there, regardless of the amenities offered.

Some of the best burgers around are at Boise Fry on Broadway. I know, I used to to mix the meat and make the sauces there. (Anyone want recipes? haha)Even the vegan burger there is awesome.

God forbid In&Out opens up in Boise. Ate at one in Huntington, and was close to asking for my money back after waiting an hour and a half for a crappy burger and cold fries.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:02 PM

114 posts, read 288,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
Chains suck big time, overrated. Boise Fry Company on Broadway downtown makes some of the best burgers in town, quality meat, they use fresh local beef and free range bison. For the absolute best you need to hit one of the pubs downtown including Red Feather Lounge to eat a burger made from fresh locally grown beef, that is a burger. Chains don't come close to the local guys. Westside is good too.
Fudruckers is still a great burger, darn fresh and juicy!! As for Az., you have to weigh the family's needs against the flat, ugly, dry, off the chart heat, people everywhere, traffic, no water to speak of environment there...and it is very isolated. Way easier and cheaper to stay comfortable (with new technology in clothing) in a cooler climate IMO. My Dad lives near Phoenix and I just cant get use to that scene...rather live check to check with less (very nice) people and some seasons...just my opinion. If you have the option, just take your time and really examine the pros and cons before leaping back into that rat race...remember the car registration fees (400-600/yearly on most newer cars) way higher insurance, and the violence spilling over from south of the boarder...things to keep in mind.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:47 PM

674 posts, read 1,459,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post

Some of the best burgers around are at Boise Fry on Broadway. I know, I used to to mix the meat and make the sauces there. (Anyone want recipes? haha)Even the vegan burger there is awesome.
Interestingly, I liked the burgers at Boise Fry better than the fries.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Phoenix yes, but Im considering GIlbert AZ..where do you get your figures...I really want to know so I can look up Gilbert
I researched my own question since I did not get an answer, and althought I feel Boise is extremely safe, I cannot find a listing of it in a top 20 ranking. I have found Gilbert AZ in 3 seperate national rankings as a top safest place to live in America. Anybody find Boise on a national top 20 or even top 100 list please post.

Forbes actually listed Glendale, a phoenix suburb, the number 1 safest place in America. weird huh?

Old 03-09-2011, 07:32 AM

29 posts, read 100,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I researched my own question since I did not get an answer, and althought I feel Boise is extremely safe, I cannot find a listing of it in a top 20 ranking. I have found Gilbert AZ in 3 seperate national rankings as a top safest place to live in America. Anybody find Boise on a national top 20 or even top 100 list please post.

Forbes actually listed Glendale, a phoenix suburb, the number 1 safest place in America. weird huh?
found these:
Where Are The Safest Places To Live In The United States? | Albany, California LocalSpur - News, Yellow Page Listings, Events and Local Tweets for Albany, CA. (http://albanyca.localspur.com/2010/01/03/where-are-the-safest-places-to-live-in-the-united-states/ - broken link)

Where Are The Safest Places To Live In The United States?*|*Real Estate Resources (http://www.jjrealestatebg.com/usa-real-estate/where-are-the-safest-places-to-live-in-the-united-states - broken link)

Kiplinger.com

Old 03-09-2011, 08:09 AM

64 posts, read 132,208 times
This very site has all kinds of stats. http://www.city-data.com/city/Gilbert-Arizona.html

I think you will find more then you would want to know there. Crime rate, weather, population, housing, unemployment rate, etc.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Expat View Post
This very site has all kinds of stats. http://www.city-data.com/city/Gilbert-Arizona.html

I think you will find more then you would want to know there. Crime rate, weather, population, housing, unemployment rate, etc.
crime states end in 2005 though, but wow, thats alot of stats.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:05 AM

64 posts, read 132,208 times
Default Whoops......

I didn't read that much to see the end date ......I wonder why they do not update it????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area