Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 09:16 AM

3 posts, read 10,435 times

Advertisements

I've used CableOne for the past decade. I have a bundle of TV (with DVR), phone & internet. My phone contract is up this summer and I will be getting rid of my land line. While overall I've been fairly satisfied with CableOne, my wireless is unavaible at least once per evening and when I'm only home during the week for about 5 or 6 hours before I go to sleep, I'm finding that unacceptable. I think it's time to look at the competition.

Does anyone have any insight on who would be the better company to go with in the Treasure Valley? I believe there is just CableOne, DirectTV, and Dish? Not only am I interested in performance, I'm also interested in service and of course price. If I decided against Cableone, I would be looking at TV, DVR and internet service.

I would love to hear any opinions and testimonials.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 09:29 PM

73 posts, read 193,296 times
Well the only "cable" company is Cable1. They got that on lockdown.

For Satellite, Directv is cheaper and slightly better. I was gonna go with direct but couldnt get a clear line of sight of the sky. Cable1 is overpriced imo.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:57 AM

424 posts, read 1,374,765 times
There is no such thing as a good Cable provider in Boise. Cable One is the only provider and they are constantly jacking up their rates and providing precious little in return. Someone needs to run these scam artists out of the treasure valley. When you take a look at what some people are paying in slightly more populated areas that have some competition and compare them to what we pay for Cable and I-net, we are getting hosed and then some. I for one have given the boot to Pay TV services and just go with I-net, Netflix and Hulu. Much cheaper and much easier to find something when I want on and I don't have to pay extra to pause it and can stream it whenever I want. Qwest will give you the most for your money for I-net (fastest speed at the lowest price) but I wouldn't touch them for phone service and they just contract through Direct TV, for Satellite so you might as well just deal directly with them.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:30 PM

17 posts, read 125,859 times
Default DirecTV's great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjknick View Post
I've used CableOne for the past decade. I have a bundle of TV (with DVR), phone & internet. My phone contract is up this summer and I will be getting rid of my land line. While overall I've been fairly satisfied with CableOne, my wireless is unavaible at least once per evening and when I'm only home during the week for about 5 or 6 hours before I go to sleep, I'm finding that unacceptable. I think it's time to look at the competition.

Does anyone have any insight on who would be the better company to go with in the Treasure Valley? I believe there is just CableOne, DirectTV, and Dish? Not only am I interested in performance, I'm also interested in service and of course price. If I decided against Cableone, I would be looking at TV, DVR and internet service.

I would love to hear any opinions and testimonials.

Thanks!

I totally agree with MrGrumpy. We left CableOne a bit over a year ago and went with DirecTV and Qwest for the Internet. Like he was saying, Qwest contracts with DirecTV which makes it so easy - we get our Internet and DirecTV service charges in one bill.

We have no complaints whatsoever about switching! We pay less than we did before for more channels and better service!!! Internet's great too!

Since doing that it seems like almost all of the units in our complex have a dish somewhere around their property or on the roof - and most of 'em say DirecTV. Guess they've all dumped CableOne.

Side note: when I cancelled service with CableOne they were quite rude in saying "Well, you'll be back once you've found that DirecTV isn't what they claim to be." Well....um....that was over a year ago and I do not plan on anytime soon going back to CableOne. Just sayin...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area