Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 03:33 PM

84 posts, read 266,078 times

Advertisements

America's Top Suburbs for Retirees
By William P. Barrett, Forbes.com
August 26, 2011

Meridian, Idaho

Eight miles south of Boise, this 70,000-person suburb also has an average home price below $200,000. Other favorable factors include low crime, a hospital, a low cost of living, and Idaho's hospitable tax environment for retirees.

America's Top Suburbs for Retirees - Yahoo! Real Estate

This is especially nice because I plan on moving to Meridian next summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 09:43 AM

10 posts, read 27,474 times
Default good info...thx

Thanks for that post Roseville Lover. We are also moving to the Boise area and I am looking at houses in Meridian. We are retired and find the Minnesota winters to be too much lately, and the summers too humid.

I am totally ignorant about the Boise area so have been combing over the posts looking for help. We just sold our home and have like 30 days before closing. We've been researching the Boise area for a long time now and know that we'll love it there. But where in the area we'll look for a house, we haven't a clue. So your info about Meridian was very welcome.

thanks again
bajuhe

Old 09-22-2011, 12:27 PM

85 posts, read 294,458 times
Default Retirees

Near the intersection of the Interstate and Eagle Road, there is a planned retirement community that looked great to me. Also there are "over 55 communities" that really are nice..many out farther a few streets passed Eagle Road west. Ask the real estate agnt

Old 09-22-2011, 03:17 PM

674 posts, read 1,458,995 times
It cracks me up to think of retired people driving on Eagle road.

Or scares me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area