Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 03:54 PM

3 posts, read 3,622 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Just got to Boise and am loving it here. Looking to get some once off freelance jobs before i head for Panama. I'm basically very involved in entertainment and would love to know where people here talk art here (forums, yahoo groups act). especially in entertainment- or is there so little that I should just give it up?

I've tried craigslist and Mandy, both with very minimal post. Am happy that i found a few theaters with their websites and would love to see more, and where people post about arts ect.

Would love to get involved in the entertainment scene here

Happy New Years everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 04:18 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,868,162 times
Boise has a lot of artistic groups and venues. A good resource is the Boise Weekly and searching their site for the art groups and such. Go downtown and hang out in a coffee shop to get an idea. Flying M on Idaho Street would be a great location to get info on local arts.

Boise Weekly

http://www.boiseartsandhistory.org/

Here is an example of an extremely popular dancing group based in Boise.
http://www.treymcintyre.com/TMP/Home.html

Last edited by Syringaloid; 01-04-2012 at 04:30 PM..

Old 01-04-2012, 06:25 PM

623 posts, read 1,607,046 times
Try hitting some events at the VAC (Visual Arts Collective). I get invitations to events--art shows, underground sorts of concerts, etc. through facebook. Friend Samuel Stimpert--he runs the show there and that will get you on the invite list. Sam is connected in the local film scene--he'd be good to meet. Alley Repertory Theater has their home there. There's a party/concert/gig there this Saturday starting at 7:00 that you could show up to and definitely meet some people in that scene.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:52 PM

Thanks guys!

@Benchfan I've joined the group and added em up, do you do anything in the film industry here? Yep, sounds awesome, I'll definitely be there!

@syringaloid thanks for the sites, I've looked at the sites and the look good, but isn't exactly what I'm looking for. Would you happen to know groups, forums or even places where artist advertise their services/art act?

Old 01-04-2012, 09:21 PM

29 posts, read 99,810 times
Would something like this be helpful?

idaho film office (http://www.filmidaho.org/index.html - broken link)

Old 01-05-2012, 09:32 AM

623 posts, read 1,607,046 times
Try googling/facebooking Kelly Broich, J. Reuben Appelman, and Gregory Bayne. J. Reuben Appelman has made a feature film and documentary with Gregory Bayne. You can watch his stuff online. Kelly Broich makes short films--I don't know him but a friend of mine stars in a recent release of his called "Divorce." There are actually quite a few people in town who are into film. These are the folks I know by name off the top of my head. Oh, also, if you haven't found The Flicks yet, you'll need to check it out. It's our local art film theater downtown--good place to hang out with restaurant/beer/wine/films.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1955562/, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1651765/,

Old 01-06-2012, 08:17 PM

Or a websites where actors, directors, producers talk/discuss/collaborate/look for jobs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area