Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2007, 10:09 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,094,408 times

Advertisements

I swear, I seem to be hearing a new report of a murder, suicide, or a murder/suicide every night.

It used to be bank robberies that were epidemic in Boise - now these bizarre scenarios.

Weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 03:43 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,966 times
It's all those BSU people...I hear they're an odd lonely bunch...

<JUST KIDDING>

Weird how some crimes come in spates at times...and how do you predict or prepare...no way really. Not like a gang problem that you can see growing.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:44 PM

Ouch.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:49 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,898,263 times
Maybe it is because of transplants from northern Idaho? I have often heard north Idaho is full of depressed people.

Naw, just kidding.

but...maybe it is because more people are moving in from Utah, one of the highest suicidal states.
Anchorless where have you seen/heard these stories? I have not seen anything regarding murder except the almost standard news stories about illegals in the western treasure valley area?

Old 09-10-2007, 04:01 PM

2:36 p.m. -- Garden City man pleads guilty to second-degree murder in stabbing | News Updates | Idaho Statesman (broken link)
Task force, ombudsman to investigate I-84 suicide | News Updates | Idaho Statesman (http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/152992.html - broken link)
Video On Demand | KTVB.COM | Boise, Idaho News, Weather, Sports, Video, Traffic & Events

Old 09-10-2007, 05:30 PM

You know, there's just no rhyme or reason to these things. When I was a cop in East LA, there would be the occasional night where it was like tumbleweeds blowing and cobwebs growing on the radio...which is 180 degrees from the "usual" night in the hood. And it was like it just happened by chance that all the gangs just "took the same night off".

And yes...there are some depressed people up here....but we have a community help program that buys them one-way bus passes to Boise.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:42 PM

81 posts, read 398,391 times
I keep seeing negative posts about Boise...we were planning on moving NEAR Boise...but now i'm not so sure...it sounds like there's way too much gang activity and dangerous areas...

am I right? Or am I just being influenced by OVERLY negative postings?

I want a nice neighborhood...a place where my wife and I can walk around it without seeing gangs or feeling like we'll get mugged. We want to feel safe in our house...outside...where the houses are reasonably priced ($160 and under).

Old 09-11-2007, 01:24 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,898,263 times
Honestly, Boise and the area are one of the safest, most family oriented, areas you will find to live. There are over 600,000 people in this valley so of course there will be some news regarding crime and the such, but overall Boise is very, very mellow with most of the "wanna be gang" activity in Caldwell and Nampa, and the issues there are not that bad compared to a lot of other areas. Nampa and Caldwell CATER bigtime to families too, so I don't think you have to worry. You have to remember this is Idaho, and when there is crime, it is not supposed to happen because this is Idaho. People get upset and sensationalize. I feel that most of the people that post here are overtly negative and try to make the area sound like it is crime ridden to keep other necomers away. Boise is completely safe to walk around in at night, even downtown. You are most likely to come across families, friends, joggers, bikers, even in the dark. You are very unlikely to see gang activity in Boise. Boise is an extremely clean city.
I have seen rankings and reports, (I will have to search for some online) that rank Boise as one of the safest cities in the nation.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostPoet View Post
Or am I just being influenced by OVERLY negative postings?
Yes. 95% of where you could chose to live in Boise would be a great choice from what I'm reading here from residents. Just be ready for yuppie suburban sprawl in many areas so choose wisely per your commuting/housing needs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area