Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 01:29 PM

285 posts, read 850,221 times

Advertisements

Wasn't this place supposed to be focused on slightly "higher-end" shopping and restaraunts?

KTVB says today that there are a few more tenants, Marshall's, Petco, Gap Outlet, etc...

When will Boise and Meridian stop only getting boring, low-end chain crap? It's quickly turning into a typical, cheap suburban-sprawled and character-less area.

Sorry for my rant. Does anybody else feel this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 01:50 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,899,365 times
Don't fear, per the below news story the stores announced are not the secret high end stores that are yet to be announced. I hope we get a Restoration Hardware and H&M.
If you want more unique and higher end clothing shops for both men and women then go downtown.

New tenants for Meridian Town Center | KTVB.COM Boise

On Tuesday, CEO and found Fred Bruining told KTVB that Centercal has already rented over 200,000 square-feet of the project's current retail space to several other new business he can't yet name due to confidentiality agreements."What I can tell you is that many are national stores in the fashion, home category, and other tenants that everyone in Idaho will recognize," Bruining said.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:54 PM

285 posts, read 850,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
"What I can tell you is that many are national stores in the fashion, home category, and other tenants that everyone in Idaho will recognize," Bruining said.
That is the part that scares me as I feel that the majority of widely-recognized companies are the lower-end big chain stores that we don't need more of. I hope I'm wrong and I suppose only time will tell. Downtown is a bit better, but it's so tiny that it's silly to have that small section of town contain nearly all of the uniqueness and character between Boise / Meridian while the rest is nearly all average. Through all this growth, I guess I'm just shocked that the "finer" things aren't spreading around at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area