Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 02:20 AM

87 posts, read 212,123 times

Advertisements

actually Boise is a great place to move to if you are a minority...the locals crave diversity and are infatuated with it........but if you go to Cleveland....or to NY...or to Orlando for example...you get heavy white flight into the suburbs...of such cities....it is just that cities like Boise have never had to contend with large ghettos and housng projects and etc....so they are much more open to diversity then folks who have grown up around more inner city areas. Places like Fargo...Souix falls......Boise....are all very very similiar...and love folks of different flavors moving there...so do the women....lol........cause they are small predominantly white middle class cities that have never know ghetto's and inner city culture.......so white folks in such predominantly white small US cites tend to be much more non-racist then folks in bigger cities who have had to contend with city culture and ghettos and all that comes with it.....it is easier for them to be so open armed and welcoming.......from what I have seen and witnessed....

Old 02-17-2013, 09:19 AM

8,083 posts, read 15,090,166 times
One thing I've noticed about black folks in Boise (I enjoy seeing black faces, so I look at 'em!) is that if you make eye contact, they all smile and wave!!

Old 02-17-2013, 02:37 PM

87 posts, read 212,123 times
It is because they are gettng the politcally correct treatment...and are found to be infatuating by the locals....and get the red carpet treatment....especially from the local women........in places like Boise....Sioux Falls...Fargo.....Minnesota...and etc.......also more Scandavnavian heritage based populations tend to have a natural affinity and love for people of African heritage.....go to the ivory coast of Africa and you wiill see lots of Swedish women married to locals there. The few African American men I knew when I lived in Boise....were knee deep in local women chasing them......they loved it there....

Old 03-04-2013, 11:38 PM

879 posts, read 2,848,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietrain View Post
It is because they are gettng the politcally correct treatment...and are found to be infatuating by the locals....and get the red carpet treatment....especially from the local women........in places like Boise....Sioux Falls...Fargo.....Minnesota...and etc.......also more Scandavnavian heritage based populations tend to have a natural affinity and love for people of African heritage.....go to the ivory coast of Africa and you wiill see lots of Swedish women married to locals there. The few African American men I knew when I lived in Boise....were knee deep in local women chasing them......they loved it there....
The last time I went out in Boise I was rather surprised by the large number of African American men. No negative connotation, just not used to Boise having anything other than white or Hispanic. haha. My friend claimed African American mean are coming to Boise for the girls. I don't know how true that is...funny though. lol

Old 11-10-2014, 03:55 PM

687 posts, read 910,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
This is very true. I agree.

Hate groups here on the east coast are extremely active comparatively to what you find out west.
I believe the reason for this is that there are simply more targets in which to aim at..

Living in Idaho and Montana there are statistically no minority groups as a whole in which to demonize as it compares to the east and west coasts.

Even the illegal alian problems that plague Colorado and points south and west don't make it that far north.

Here in Allentown blacks, Puerto Ricans and Dominicans are future hate crime victims.
Why is it that whenever a crime occurs against Whites...it's never labeled as a hate crime? Seems to me that if two people engage in a confrontation and they happen to be two different races, and one person is white, that it always somehow ends up being the white person's fault....Why is that? I think reality would suggest otherwise, that whites are more often than not going to try the more peaceable option in any situation and are more often than not victims than the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area