Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 03:18 PM

31 posts, read 72,759 times

Advertisements

I'm sure the majority of Idahoans would like nothing more than to move past this darkness, but it seems to be more news lately about Neo-Nazi's in Idaho.

I live in Oregon and am making plans to move to Idaho, but when I read about these activities, it makes me think twice.

Is there some resurgence in this **** or what?

Neo-Nazi music festival has Idaho police on alert | abc7chicago.com

Old 09-26-2012, 05:23 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,904,513 times
Seriously, what's with Idaho and the white supremist thing?

Old 09-26-2012, 08:31 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Seriously, what's with Idaho and the white supremist thing?
Lol I wonder the same thing.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:12 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
If ya look at the nut case groups by state, there seems to be about the same number in Idaho, as Oregon and Washington. Not sure why Wyoming is lagging behind with just 2 groups, maybe a few families died off. The good thing is there may only be a dozen or less members in a group. The less attention they get from the media and people opposing their warped point of view the better, as that is the purpose of it all...attention.

Hate Map | Southern Poverty Law Center

Old 09-26-2012, 10:34 PM

623 posts, read 1,612,759 times
I've lived in Boise all of my life and I have never personally met or witnessed neo-nazi groups. This is not a part of every day life here, and the people I know are mortified that this event is taking place in our area.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:06 PM

278 posts, read 906,462 times
It is pretty exceptional to see something like this in Boise. I saw more of this type of stuff when I lived in the south (mostly the KKK).

That stated, there was the one time I got my emissions test done at a place on Overland. The guy doing the test had some sort of white supremacist shirt on...

Old 09-26-2012, 11:50 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,364,193 times
This is a hate group out of Texas. Per their website they have followers around the world and have held these music fests at locations in Europe and the USA, and this year Boise unfortunately is next. Will it make such big news next year when it is in another city? I agree with benchfan in that I have never seen any kind of skinhead activity or people I thought were neo nazi in Boise and I have lived here for the past 16 years. Boise is the opposite of this type of event, this is a tight knit city with people of different races and a surprisingly large refugee population and they are active in the local community. Boise is chill.

These Texas hate group followers just want attention and they are getting it too because the local news reported that the two venues listed online for this music fest in Boise are false, the convention center and the Basque Center. Yeah right, like either of these two venues would host anything such as this crap lol.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:17 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,477,031 times
People in Boise are not at all racist, some of the nicest people that I have met anywhere in the country. You want to see racism go to Pennsylvania, Ohio or Michigan. I've lived in all three states and was surprised at how racist things still are. Idaho gets a bad rap from a small number of nutcases. Saw more skinheads when I lived in central Pennsylvania than I have ever seen in Idaho.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:41 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,384,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
People in Boise are not at all racist, some of the nicest people that I have met anywhere in the country. You want to see racism go to Pennsylvania, Ohio or Michigan. I've lived in all three states and was surprised at how racist things still are. Idaho gets a bad rap from a small number of nutcases. Saw more skinheads when I lived in central Pennsylvania than I have ever seen in Idaho.
I agree with you concerning Central Pennsylvania having a strong skinhead/neo Nazi presence.
Here in eastern PA there are anti hispanic/ white pride flyers distributed regularly in Allentown due to having a large Puerto Rican population.

You see them on grocery store bulletin boards and slipped under wiper blades in mall parking lots.

I lived in Helena Montana for 14 years leaving in 2008.

In Helena, Great Falls, Missoula, Bozeman and Billings there are active chapters of the National Alliance, The American Nazi Party and the KKK.

Based on this reality it is not unreasonable to think that Idaho being next door would also have active chapters of all three groups within it's borders.

Due to the Obama administration coming into power in 2009 the number of hate groups has grown exponentially to epic proportions.

Just because you don't see it in Boise doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:06 PM

879 posts, read 2,858,374 times
This is not a Boise based group. This is essentially a recruitment event. In general, the people of Idaho aren't racist. Sure there are some ignorant people around, not quite the same thing. There are a ton of racists in California. Many racists move to Idaho simply because of the demographics in Idaho - mostly white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area