U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 12:36 PM

228 posts, read 475,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger19 View Post
Currently trying to convince my wife and kids to leave Texas and come to Boise. I am tired of the rude people that are moving to Austin from EVERYWHERE!! If anybody knows of a busy shop where an Auto Mechanic can support a family, then let me know.
Are you looking for a dealership position or an independent shop? I don't know much about the area job-wise (we moved here when I retired last year), so don't really have an idea of what's available. You could browse CraigsList for Boise or also the Idaho Statesman newspaper to get an idea of what's out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 06:07 PM

78 posts, read 172,787 times
I dont care if it's a dealer or indy shop as long as they always have cars to fix and I dont stand around not making money. Honestly I was just hoping someone connected would see this and get me an inside track. Thanks for your response

Old 12-24-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger19 View Post
I dont care if it's a dealer or indy shop as long as they always have cars to fix and I dont stand around not making money. Honestly I was just hoping someone connected would see this and get me an inside track. Thanks for your response

I'm fairly new here in the Boise area, so have no connections. However, I will keep my eye on the employment ads for you.

Good luck!!

Old 02-02-2013, 11:57 PM

TXRanger19,

I've been looking at the weekly ads and also the Sunday paper, and am just not seeing much of anything for auto techs. Strange....most larger metro areas seem to always have openings. Guess people like living here and stay put in their current jobs.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM

592 posts, read 1,319,694 times
Try boisehelpwanted.com. It's a popular local site. There are several mechanic positions posted right now. Also, Craigslist.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM

12 posts, read 16,630 times
We moved to the Boise area very much so far even though it's been much colder than usual. The people are friendly, there is always something to do, and the amount of outside activities, even in the dead of winter is something else! One thing I haven't liked is the amount of fog we've gotten recently and the lack of sunny days, but all the natives insist that it is not usual. I moved from the Jacksonville, Florida area back in August, and the two areas are so vastly different that I started a blog about the differences. If you're interested, the info on how to get to it is on my info page. It's been a very, very interesting transition so far.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:37 PM

68 posts, read 232,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjorourke View Post
We moved to the Boise area very much so far even though it's been much colder than usual. The people are friendly, there is always something to do, and the amount of outside activities, even in the dead of winter is something else! One thing I haven't liked is the amount of fog we've gotten recently and the lack of sunny days, but all the natives insist that it is not usual. I moved from the Jacksonville, Florida area back in August, and the two areas are so vastly different that I started a blog about the differences. If you're interested, the info on how to get to it is on my info page. It's been a very, very interesting transition so far.
My wife and kids say that they've heard that this is Boise's 2nd coldest winter on record. Boy have they had a nice welcome. They arrived there just before Thanksgiving and I guess they made it just in time.
They have told me they have adjusted well. They just wish I was there with them to enjoy the cold!
I would love to, but 'gots' to sell this house here in NM first! Pray it happens soon. I miss them dearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area