U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 01:35 PM

592 posts, read 1,322,159 times

Advertisements

MEVmom, I'm really curious to hear where you ended up dining and what you thought. Do update!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 08:59 PM

148 posts, read 286,246 times
Default Rick's Press Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjax317 View Post
Am I going to get totally flamed for suggesting Rick's Press Room? Yeah, it was on Diners, Drive Ins & Dives... but we had an AWESOME meal there.

We ate there last night, there were three of us, we each ordered something different and we all thought
it was excellent! We will most certainly be returning. I had the salmon and thought it was the best I've ever
had.

Last edited by lesharona; 10-14-2012 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 10-15-2012, 05:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,721 times
Fork

Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 PM

34 posts, read 74,226 times
Well, gosh...our time in Boise just flew by! We did have a great time. The first night we ate at Bardenay because we got in kind of late and didn't have time to make reservations anywhere. We were both happy. I had a very yummy cocktail and I had the trout. It had capers in the sauce- I love capers. But I digress.
The 2nd night we ate at Le Coq Rouge and I loved it! We shared everything, and that was the way to go. The portions were huge. So was the bill, even with splitting. But it was very enjoyable.
Oh, we loved Le Cafe de Paris. We had lunch there twice. Let's see...one night we went to Flatbread. Another winner. The fontina fondue was excellent, the pizza was fabulous. The "wine flight" tasting trio was fun. My husband had a wonderful blood orange margarita.
The only dud was Cafe Vicino. I wanted to like it but I just hated it. I really did. And that doesn't happen too often for me. I even sent back my first order, which I never do. Didn't like the 2nd thing I ordered either. No offense anyone
I was sad to miss out on Fork and the Basque Market and so many other places that looked good...

Anyway, we really enjoyed our time. And I think we're about 95% sure we're moving to Boise in the summer. Still have some thinking to do, but we are feeling pretty good about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area