U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 03:51 PM

592 posts, read 1,320,293 times

Advertisements

Yes, that is correct. It is a municipality, and has a mayor and city government, it's just not a separate town like the other places mentioned. Sounded like poster was checking out small towns in the area and Garden City isn't like that. Also, Garden City does not have it's own school district. The nicer residential areas there are very, very nice though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 01:42 PM

704 posts, read 632,216 times
I have lived all over the world and love the whole Treasure Valley (Boise). Keep in mind that many of our outlying towns are really a very short drive (time and mileage) from Boise. In fact, Merdian and Eagle city limits actually bound Boise's.

From the Boise Towne Square Mall, it is typically only about 20 minutes to almost anywhere in the County.

There is no single "one size fits all answer" to where is best. It depends on you, your family, your lifestyle, your budget, etc.

[MOD CUT]

Best of luck!

Last edited by Sage of Sagle; 01-23-2013 at 01:10 AM..

Old 01-21-2013, 06:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,819 times
As a former teacher and current realtor, I would advise you to find out where the best schools are and then find a home in the areas close to those schools. Both Meridian and Boise have magnet, charter, and private schools as well. There are lots of good choices in this valley.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 PM

9 posts, read 43,359 times
MrMeridian, which magnet school do your kids attend in Boise? We used to live near Pismo Beach (CA) and a neighboring town had an excellent school grounded in classical education. I wonder if it has a lengthy wait list. And, yes, we'd certainly be interested in connecting with you regarding rental properties and, eventually, real estate for purchase.

At this point, it seems Meridian best fits our desires, but I will reserve the final conclusion until we visit in March!

Old 04-20-2013, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,508 times
Hi! I find out in the next couple of weeks if we will be moving to the Boise area for my husband's job.
Based on your post we are at similar stages in life. I will have a kinder and a 1st grader.

I'm just curious after visiting the area if you're still interesting in the Meridian area and plan to end up somewhere else.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:00 PM

33 posts, read 59,839 times
Was wondering if little buzz & EWarne moved to Boise? How do you like it there? How have your children adjusted? Have you been able to make friends and feel accepted? My family is also interested in a move to Boise. I am non LDS and from other blogs about life in Boise, it has been said that the locals don't easily accept new people. I would need my kids to be accepted. What's a childhood without friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or