U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 11:08 AM

151 posts, read 195,922 times

Advertisements

In anticipation of our move, we will be moving our money from our credit union accounts into our Bank of America accounts but we really hate BOA. However, our credit union is a regional CU and it will be very difficult to continue to do business with them and we will need access to our money during the week long drive from The ATL. What I like is the ability to call my banker and say, "Hey Dave! Pay my truck payment for me, please!" or "Hey Dave! I'm buying a car and need you to cover a check until I can get in."

You can't get this kind of service at BOA. So, I will be joining another credit union as soon as I get up there. Who is the best? Inquiring mind want to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 AM

35 posts, read 101,893 times
I have only dealt with Idaho Central Credit Union and have been very pleased with them. They have numerous locations.

I have good friends that are equally happy with ICON Credit Union.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:48 PM

674 posts, read 1,251,806 times
Iccu.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:37 PM

592 posts, read 1,320,479 times
ICCU is the largest, most comprehensive credit union in town for sure. I've had several clients use them for their mortgage lending and they are great to work with.

If you want that sort of "Hey, Dave!" kind of service, there are many smaller credit unions locally. I work with a small, one-office credit union with four staff members. I love going in and having them know me by name. They are awesome and half the time, they have my account pulled up by the time I get to the teller window. Credit unions are wonderful--I'm always surprised more people don't use them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or