Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 04:06 PM

5 posts, read 8,955 times

Advertisements

Potentially moving to Boise by fall of 2013 as I went through Boise 30 years ago and still remember the valley as being beautiful., I have read so many posts regarding Boise being a great location to raise a family. What about an active, older single man that loves to ride Harleys, not affiliated with any hardcore clubs, keeps fit, looking forward to skiing again and will not give up my german shephard. (Condos are out of the question.) Still like and will be looking for a nice single family home with three to four car garage, have two harleys. Just a little concerned about buying in an exclusive younger family area being single. Open to suggestions regarding areas that are a little diverse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 08:30 PM

623 posts, read 1,612,610 times
Eagle and Northwest Boise come to mind. Parts of Southeast Boise. All of these areas have a nice mix of ages and lifestyles.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:42 PM

Thank You for the info benchfan

Old 01-04-2013, 10:54 AM

1,568 posts, read 3,227,171 times
My recommendation would be as follows: Kuna...plenty of newer homes for rent, with multiple car garages for the Hogs and fenced backyard for the Dogs. Great Biker community at the Red Eye and Creekside Lounge (Jim and Cathy Kelley own the place--Jim still rides). Quick commute to all locations throughout the T-Valley. Stop by and see the GM at the Harley Dealership (Jamie). He will introduce you to like-minded folks.

Best Harley community in the great Northwest...all sizes, types...and kinds. Enjoy.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 PM

232 posts, read 565,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwnhaole View Post
Potentially moving to Boise by fall of 2013 as I went through Boise 30 years ago and still remember the valley as being beautiful., I have read so many posts regarding Boise being a great location to raise a family. What about an active, older single man that loves to ride Harleys, not affiliated with any hardcore clubs, keeps fit, looking forward to skiing again and will not give up my german shephard. (Condos are out of the question.) Still like and will be looking for a nice single family home with three to four car garage, have two harleys. Just a little concerned about buying in an exclusive younger family area being single. Open to suggestions regarding areas that are a little diverse.
While you're looking at different areas, don't overlook Nampa. Ignore all the horror stories about gangs lurking behind every bush....it just isn't true. If you'll be working downtown Boise, it's still only a 20-25 minute commute. You get more house for your money out here and it's more laid-back than Meridian, Eagle, or Boise. I managed to squeeze 6 motorcycles and a quad into a 3-car garage, but would have preferred a 4-car place. None are Harleys though....sorry.

This is a great area for two-wheel living. Lots of cruising interstates and two-lane blacktop. If you also want some off-road fun, then Idaho is heaven!!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:56 AM

Motomac,
Thanks for that information......I am looking for the two and four wheel heaven and winter skiing, old but not dead, and appreciate the info on Nampa. Unfortunately I have followed suite with the postings stating that Nampa has the gang problems, I will check out the Nampa listings.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:05 PM

541 posts, read 1,730,575 times
I would look at Eagle and Kuna!

Eagle though is nicely manicured and has some great housing complexes. Lots of golf courses if you enjoy that and close to medical care, and a safe area in terms of policing. You are also close to all the shopping you would need. I think Eagle would be the best choice of the two.

Kuna is a fast growing area in Idaho, and could see some major changes within the next 10-15 years. There are many subdivisions as they continue to spread over the farmland, maybe someday connecting to the Boise metro sprawl. You will have to drive further to get shopping from big box stores, unless you want to stroll down downtown and shop. The closest hospital is in Nampa.

Weather in both these areas are favorable and as you would expect if you've lived anywhere near Boise.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:28 PM

232 posts, read 565,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwnhaole View Post
Motomac,
Thanks for that information......I am looking for the two and four wheel heaven and winter skiing, old but not dead, and appreciate the info on Nampa. Unfortunately I have followed suite with the postings stating that Nampa has the gang problems, I will check out the Nampa listings.

I like that quote...."old but not dead".....maybe I'll put that on the back of my helmet!

I'm cutting back on my street bike riding, but increasing the off-road stuff. I got into the vintage motocross (old bikes with even older riders) and having a great time. At age 66 I'm just a bit slower than I was at 20, but I think the fun factor is even greater now.

If you have any questions about anything, let 'em rip!

Edit: Trying to figure out your username. Are you coming from Hawaii? The name looks like "Hawaiian Haole" :-)

Old 01-30-2013, 01:04 PM

Default To Moto...

Correct on the Hwnhaole....live on the Big Island (east side) originally from Calif. Friends that I grew up with and went to Vietnam together moved here 30 yrs ago and it got to the point of not handling Calif so relocated....the journey is changing for family reasons so I am moving back to the mainland Calif on a temporary basis to help mother with assisted living and then on to where I want live the rest of the old body days. Sorry I didn't back to ya earlier, in Calif and did not get online very often. Very interested in the vintage dirt bike riding, sounds like a kick .....Again thanks for info and hope to be in the Boise area in June

Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 PM

8 posts, read 18,301 times
Garden City is a nice area of older active people. The greenbelt is a great place to walk and ride bikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area