Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 04:22 PM

8 posts, read 18,301 times

Advertisements

I was born in California and lived there for 58 years before moving to Kentucky. What an eye opener. People were so friendly, openly give to charities, get involved in community. Stress left my body and I thought why did I wait so long. We lived there for six years and recently moved to Idaho, very nice as well, to be closer to the kids who would not leave California and I will not ever go back now that I know what was missing from my life. My only regret is I did not pull my kids out of California when they were young. They have this attachment that can only be broken by taking the plunge and moving out of the state. Believe me, you will never go back, once you see the difference. Now I go pick up the grand kids and bring them here, so they can see what real living is about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 11:20 AM

151 posts, read 459,732 times
Default I wish I could do the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneesia View Post
I was born in California and lived there for 58 years before moving to Kentucky. What an eye opener. People were so friendly, openly give to charities, get involved in community. Stress left my body and I thought why did I wait so long. We lived there for six years and recently moved to Idaho, very nice as well, to be closer to the kids who would not leave California and I will not ever go back now that I know what was missing from my life. My only regret is I did not pull my kids out of California when they were young. They have this attachment that can only be broken by taking the plunge and moving out of the state. Believe me, you will never go back, once you see the difference. Now I go pick up the grand kids and bring them here, so they can see what real living is about.

What part of Idaho are you in if you don't mind my asking? I have always thought about moving to Idaho, but I know so little about it. I guess it's better that there is little publicity to prevent every human being from migrating there and turning it into an inland version of California. I despise Chicago with a passion, but I only stay here to take care of my mother. These last two years have been crazy since my father passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: