Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 12:55 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyGreen View Post

Anyone know of any cheap roach motels/crack hotels in this range? It doesn't matter how nasty the place is. For a few days to get situated, it will be fine!
I understand perfectly, we'll be in the same situation soon. Though I need to conserve money while making the transition, I am worried about bed bugs. They are a problem in the $100 plus a night places too. I don't know if it does any good, but we spray down the mattress with Lysol when we stay in a motel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 12:57 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
Did you try looking into hostels ? They are very cheap.
Are there age limits on hostels? Do you need a hostel association membership?

Old 03-12-2013, 07:45 AM

84 posts, read 265,954 times
Post $20 a night @ Hostel / $30 a night @ Hotel

$20 Idahostel 280 N. 8th Street, Suite 103, Boise, USA
Idahostel, Boise | Book Hostel at Hostels.com

$21 Hostel | 17322 Can-Ada Road, Nampa, Idaho, USA 83687
HI Boise, Nampa, USA: Book Now!

$31.00
Expedia Unpublished Rate Hotel Boise Municipal Airport BOI Area Hotel, 2.0-stars
Hotel Detail | Expedia

$40 & up (less for extended stays)
Boise Hotel Rates Verses Bond Street Motel Apartments Prices @ Bond Street Motels

$42 & up Super 8 Motel Boise, 2773 Elder St
Cheap Hotels in Boise - Cheapest Deals & Reservation Prices

Last edited by roseville lover; 03-12-2013 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: had more information to add

Old 03-13-2013, 06:02 PM

33 posts, read 199,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
Did you try looking into hostels ? They are very cheap.
I did. Not cheap. Roughly $100-$150 a night, and likely would not have any room to accommodate a family.

At that rate, we could get a 5* hotel.

Been looking into homeless shelters and couchsurfing. I mean, we have money. Just want something one step up from that. A nasty place one normally would not recommend, but would keep us housed for a few nights or a week. Possibly a month. We can usually get situated in less that 30 days.

Searching on Hotels.com, etc. you would think Boise is a second Palm Springs...

Old 03-13-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseville lover View Post
$20 Idahostel 280 N. 8th Street, Suite 103, Boise, USA
Idahostel, Boise | Book Hostel at Hostels.com

$21 Hostel | 17322 Can-Ada Road, Nampa, Idaho, USA 83687
HI Boise, Nampa, USA: Book Now!

$31.00
Expedia Unpublished Rate Hotel Boise Municipal Airport BOI Area Hotel, 2.0-stars
Hotel Detail | Expedia

$40 & up (less for extended stays)
Boise Hotel Rates Verses Bond Street Motel Apartments Prices @ Bond Street Motels

$42 & up Super 8 Motel Boise, 2773 Elder St
Cheap Hotels in Boise - Cheapest Deals & Reservation Prices
You are mistaken.

1. That's $20 a night at the hostel PER PERSON. Which would be $80 a night, before the 15% hostel tax...

2. $84 a night. Before taxes.

3.$65 a night. Not doable for a family that lives on $550 a month.

4. Looks way to fancy. Though even if it was $40 a night for a month rate, you're looking at $1200 for a month! Wouldn't be too bad for a few days. Though no doubt that is the $80 a night rate. Might be worth asking them though. It can be hard being a poor, but educated and clean family. Maybe they will be nice and give us a deal?

5. Super 8 says $300 for a week. Not too deadly if we just need a week. Apparently there is a Howard Johnson in the area too with comparable rates. I remember staying at "HoJos" when I was a kid!(we dpn't have them here.)

So, some possible short-term options. It's odd though that in an area with a famed "low cost of living" that there are not cheaper places. Then again, I guess tourism is also a big business...

Thank you!

Old 03-13-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
I understand perfectly, we'll be in the same situation soon. Though I need to conserve money while making the transition, I am worried about bed bugs. They are a problem in the $100 plus a night places too. I don't know if it does any good, but we spray down the mattress with Lysol when we stay in a motel.
A good idea. Honestly, we never use the bedding in hotels. Sleep right on top of the bed spread with our own blankets. lol

Never seen any bedbugs yet. That may be why!

Old 03-13-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchfan View Post
Try Bond Street Hotel Apartments are not what you describe but are clean and safe and reasonable. Also, try Hotwire.com. Any of the cheapest rates are going to be fine places to stay.
Hotwire has a $30 a night place at the airport. Not sure if I want to be at the airport without a car, but that's more in our price range for sure.

Thank you all for the tips so far. Very appreciated.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:00 PM

623 posts, read 1,612,010 times
I had to note the name when I was driving by because I didn't know it off hand. Try the 7K Hotel on Chinden in Garden City.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:40 PM

35 posts, read 120,557 times
The West River Inn on Chinden has a message on their reader board "$120 for five days".

Old 03-25-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alp-Nub View Post
The West River Inn on Chinden has a message on their reader board "$120 for five days".
Not too bad. Thank you. Not doable longer than 5 days likely. Those are no doubt Sun-Thurs rates.

Found SEVERAL places in the $500 a month range if need be. However, only in TWIN FALLS. Actually, we might end up there some day. But just so we are close to everything, we are stuck on Boise. I can't believe the bus from TF to Boise is near the cost from NY to Boise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area