Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 03:22 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,209,711 times

Advertisements

I know of a manager( through a friend of mine) who works for Trader Joe's and as of this point there is no Trader Joe's slated for our area. Typically the way I understand it, is if they open one up here, they will most likely open up another somewhere near-by. It needs to be worth their while to drive merchandise this far. The closest Trader Joe's to us are Henderson and Reno, NV along with Portland,OR and Vancouver,WA. There is nothing East of us to justify coming out this far. Bummer! Hopefully that will change and we will be in the running for a location soon. I had heard a while back out in the trade that there was talk of one coming to our area but so far that has only been a rumor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 03:58 PM
abn abn started this thread

27 posts, read 130,334 times
I *think* they are opening one in Bend, OR which is only about 4.5 hours from Boise. That would be the closest one to the Boise area. I think people that are interested should go to TJoe's web site and send them an email. They take suggestions about where new locations should open. I have done it several times for the Boise area. Let's try to show some market demand!

Old 12-06-2007, 09:41 PM

22 posts, read 78,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorless View Post
All this is telling me is that there is a market for another Coop type store in these areas - someone could make some dough if they were willing to start up a store!
Have you been to Health Nuts on Cherry in Meridian? Although not as big as the co-op, she does have alot of things that I don't have to go downtown for now.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:47 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,093,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrie View Post
I know of a manager( through a friend of mine) who works for Trader Joe's and as of this point there is no Trader Joe's slated for our area. Typically the way I understand it, is if they open one up here, they will most likely open up another somewhere near-by. It needs to be worth their while to drive merchandise this far. The closest Trader Joe's to us are Henderson and Reno, NV along with Portland,OR and Vancouver,WA. There is nothing East of us to justify coming out this far. Bummer! Hopefully that will change and we will be in the running for a location soon. I had heard a while back out in the trade that there was talk of one coming to our area but so far that has only been a rumor.

Twin Falls would almost be a better market than Boise - I could almost guarantee the Blaine County citizens would support the store during their weekly pilgrimages to Pier One and Barnes and Noble.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:55 PM

11 posts, read 35,018 times
Definitely!

Old 12-09-2007, 02:48 AM

33 posts, read 123,793 times
hehe
For as long as Trader Joe's has been in existence NEWBIES to Idaho from the likes of CA want one here. You know I wish you all the luck in the world to get it here. It's not a new idea, but you know sometimes small towns don't hit the jackpot and get a supermall either.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:58 PM
abn abn started this thread

27 posts, read 130,334 times
Oh, just wanted to let Black jack know that I am a native Idahoan but have ventured out of state at different times and this is one of the places I really enjoy going to (as far as weekly routines and grocery shopping goes). Most of my experience with them has been in OR and DE so don't blame/give credit to Calis for all the new ideas.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:10 PM

33 posts, read 123,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abn View Post
Oh, don't blame/give credit to Calis for all the new ideas.
The fact is they don't want to have a store here for whatever reason. Go figure.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:49 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,894,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by black Jack View Post
The fact is they don't want to have a store here for whatever reason. Go figure.
I am not so sure of that I am sure they want a store here, but it is a matter of when. Boise is a natual fit because of the type of outdoorsy city it is.

The only way I would shop at Trader Joes if and when they open in Boise is if they carry local Idaho grown products. IMO, the Boise Co-op is a much better store than a TJ's. But a TJ's would be a nice addition.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:26 PM

13 posts, read 141,100 times
Default Trader Joes in Boise

Good luck. We've been trying to get TJ to Spokane, Liberty Lake or Cd'A for 5 years now. Have been rumors for 2 yrs it was coming to Spokane but were still waiting. I'd happly drive from Cd'A to Spokane with my cooler pail once a month if they went in. It is THE BEST grocery store!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area