Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 06:42 PM

879 posts, read 2,858,374 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 08:42 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,666,349 times
The funniest thing about this thread is it has been going on for three years with constant bickering and arguments, but yet, guess what? There is still no Trader Joe's in Idaho.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:49 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Do you work for Trader Joe's?
EVERY one of her posts are about Trader Joe's - including one in Spokane.

Methinks you've hit the nail on the head.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:10 AM

879 posts, read 2,858,374 times
They'll build a Trader Joe's as soon as they feel the store(s) will make money.

And I love that everyone thinks Trader Joe's is healthy. All their stores are COVERED wall to wall with sweet treats. You cannot walk out of that store without buying something chocolate covered. I don't know of any grocery store that places cookies above salmon. It may not have trans fat but it still has a boatload of sugar! Now I'll get blasted too.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:12 PM

24 posts, read 42,917 times
Well, Spokane is finally getting their Trader Joe's in 2011. I hope that means that Boise will finally get put on the Trader Joe's radar for building a store in Idaho..much needed too!!!

Old 11-28-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boi2socal View Post
They'll build a Trader Joe's as soon as they feel the store(s) will make money.

And I love that everyone thinks Trader Joe's is healthy. All their stores are COVERED wall to wall with sweet treats. You cannot walk out of that store without buying something chocolate covered. I don't know of any grocery store that places cookies above salmon. It may not have trans fat but it still has a boatload of sugar! Now I'll get blasted too.

Oh, my gosh, that is soooo NOT true!!! I went to Trader Joe's ALL the time when I was in CA, and I walked out with fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, fantastic salmon, REAL blueberry breakfast bars, pineapple salsa..most all of this is organic. They have organic cheese crackers. Yes, if you get blasted, you deserve it. You make Trader Joe's sound like a candy store and that is completely not the way the store is at all!!

Old 11-28-2010, 09:21 PM

Well, it is two and one half years since you wrote your post about wanting a Trader Joe's in Spokane, Heidik, and now you are getting one!!! Congratulations!!! I hope this means that Boise will now be considered in the next few years!!

Old 11-28-2010, 09:26 PM

No, I do not work for Trader Joe's and have never worked in any kind of a grocery store. I just happen to like Trader Joe's better than any other store I have been in. It is great to buy products I can't get anywhere else and that are reasonably priced. I also buy milk there, because it tastes better, lasts longer, and is not any more expensive than regular stores.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:04 PM

674 posts, read 1,458,995 times
Why is it EVERY post you've made on CDF is about Trader Joe's, and you continue to labor long and hard to defend the store in EVERY instance?

Trader Joe's sucks and I would rather it not come to Boise.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boi2socal View Post
Well, when Whole Foods opens in Boise you can always shop there for about the same price as gas to Bend and back plus the food. lol
Trader Joe's is a FAR better store than Whole Foods. I would rather spend money on gas then shop Whole Foods which is exhorbitantly priced and looks like a box store besides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area