Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 08:03 PM

4 posts, read 6,333 times

Advertisements

Hello. My hubby, best friend and I are looking at Idaho as a possible place to relocate. We want to find a place with potential jobs. My hubby and I are moderate Christians and my best friend is Catholic. I am not sure where the best place for us to move to and also be able to find a church would be. We are looking into places in Idaho without too much snowfalls or rain and more sunny days. I would really like to be in a diverse area but still be able to make friends as I am somewhat isolated where I am now. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 10:07 PM

623 posts, read 1,612,010 times
From what you've mentioned, it seems like Boise would be a good fit. We have several Catholic churches, Christian churches, lots of sunny days, and not too much snow. What kid of work will you be seeking? This is probably the biggest issue--if you read this forum you will find that finding work is the must-do activity before moving here. It's a special city in a beautiful state, for sure!

Old 07-15-2013, 10:06 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,470,404 times
Compared to Michigan, Boise's weather is easy to deal with. But bring a job with you and be prepared to be a little cut off from the world. Unlike Michigan (depending where you live) where you can be in Detroit, Chicago within a few hours, Boise is a good 6+ hours from the next big city. I did not mind it, just made sure that I traveled out of town a couple times a year to get a good meal or to catch a major league sport.

If you don't mind working at a call center, looks like a new one is opening and they need 1800 employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area