U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-16-2007, 08:37 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,756,624 times
It's like being a kid and a new toy...remember how your parents hated when you got your first pop-gun because you drove them nuts for a few months? It's my theory that internet widgets are the same thing...only for grown-ups. So go ahead folks...smilie-it-up!

Sage

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. - P. J. O'Rourke

*** Please read the CDF Terms of Service ***
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 08:44 PM

2,673 posts, read 4,350,232 times
ha ha there now I got it out of my system

Old 12-16-2007, 08:44 PM

853 posts, read 680,969 times
Default Uh oh....

are you trying to tell me something kinda "subtle like"?

Old 12-16-2007, 08:49 PM

853 posts, read 680,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
ha ha there now I got it out of my system
Now that's more like it~!!

Old 12-17-2007, 12:38 AM
HDL HDL started this thread

2,762 posts, read 3,798,541 times
Cool Howdy wurd4wurd :-0

Just checking to see if you've been taking your 'meds' lately ????! Cuz, I don't see no TRAPPER round these here parts !!! I believe our wonderful MODerator 'orpaned' your post and forgot to take your post to the new thread (or maybe took it and also left a copy behind ).

Anyways, just wanted to say:

Warm regards,

~HDL~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurd4wurd View Post
Trapper - Hubby and I have...driven through Idaho City a couple of times and stopped at the general store both times. Pretty neat store - reminds me of the general stores in Vermont. Personally, I don't know much about Idaho City other than it is a beautiful ride from Boise up that way. I think I had cell service, although I couldn't swear to it. If I'm correct in my recollection then Verizon Wireless has coverage in that area. If I'm incorrect, well I will have to attribute that to CRS Syndrome and apologize profusely.

During one of our passes through Idaho City, we met a very lovely woman (60-ish) picking up a few items at the general store. She relocated there after having been widowed and seemed to really be happy with her choice although she did say that she planned her trips into town (Boise) whenever she needed a "civilization fix".

Sorry I can't provide any truly worthwhile information on Idaho City - hopefully others will have more useful information for you.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:23 AM

20 posts, read 96,190 times
Thanks wurd4wurd.
I guess I am not allowd to ask about other towns on this thread. My post was deleted for "off topic"?????
I guess I will have to go elsewhere for the info I am seeking.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:05 AM

2,673 posts, read 4,350,232 times
How can something be off topic in an off topic thread?

Old 12-17-2007, 12:14 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,756,624 times
This is an off-topic thread. Thus it does NOT relate specifically to relocation issues as the rest of the Idaho state forum area. If a person wants to delve into relocation-specific content, they should start a thread for that specific question. This thread was set up so that people could talk socially, personally, and shoot the bull a bit. If it becomes another thread full of relocation questions, then it ceases to serve the function for which it was created, and does not serve the greater public to help them learn about Idaho and the potential challenges and opportunities for relocation.

Sage

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. - P. J. O'Rourke

*** Please read the CDF Terms of Service ***

Old 12-17-2007, 12:32 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

2,762 posts, read 3,798,541 times
Smile What this thread is for

The idea of this THREAD is to have general chit-chat about our area (Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Star, Kuna, etc) with posters that already live here. General chit-chat might be about the weather, or a favorite restaurant, where you got a good deal on a car, your ski trip this weekend, etc.

Many of the other state forums have already added this kind of thread so that posters who live in the state can talk amongst themselves and not go OFF TOPIC all the time in other threads and essentially bore people who are looking for RELO information without all the additional conversation .

p.s.
Adding my .02 to what Sage said above (cuz we were both composing at the same time !!!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Here is a place for New Comers and Old Timers alike just to share some general chit chat about Boise and the surrounding cities !

If you are searching out RELO info on our lovely state, then I kindly ask that you please either do a search on the Boise or Idaho Forums, or start your own thread !

This thread will be to just talk amongst ourselves about everyday type things .

Okay, let me start out by saying WOWWEE!!! Can you believe how nice the weather has been the last several days???! 50's and 60's !! I'm just absolutely loving it ! Any thoughts from our newcomers (or oldtimers -lol )?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperken2000 View Post
Thanks wurd4wurd.
I guess I am not allowd to ask about other towns on this thread. My post was deleted for "off topic"?????
I guess I will have to go elsewhere for the info I am seeking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
How can something be off topic in an off topic thread?

Old 12-17-2007, 02:12 PM

20 posts, read 96,190 times
It is funny that the lead sentense in this thread is, and I copy and paste:

"Here is a place for New Comers and Old Timers alike just to share some general chit chat about Boise and the surrounding cities ! "

I am sorry if I missunderstood.
All I was looking for was some general chit chat on Idaho City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area