Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 01:16 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,771,186 times

Advertisements

Here is a place for New Comers and Old Timers alike just to share some general chit chat about Boise and the surrounding cities !

If you are searching out RELO info on our lovely state, then I kindly ask that you please either do a search on the Boise or Idaho Forums, or start your own thread !

This thread will be to just talk amongst ourselves about everyday type things .

Okay, let me start out by saying WOWWEE!!! Can you believe how nice the weather has been the last several days???! 50's and 60's !! I'm just absolutely loving it ! Any thoughts from our newcomers (or oldtimers -lol )?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 03:02 PM

310 posts, read 1,278,770 times
its snowing here. I'm a huge fan. I hope when I move to Boise this summer I'll bring lots of snow with me...once winter comes around of course.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:40 PM

853 posts, read 966,961 times
That weather sounds awesome~!! We hope to be experiencing winter, spring, summer, and fall in the Boise area sometime in the not too distant future!!

Old 12-08-2007, 01:43 PM

Thumbs up Hey wurd4wurd, that sounds G-R-E-A-T!!!!

Maybe we will be neighbors !!!!!

Okay fellow CDFers and other peeps reading, more weather news ! Before I moved here in 200X , I always wondered if I could handle the cold weather and snow ! Suffice it to say, I'm definitely a believer in 'global warming' because I've found the weather to be fine 90% of the time .

Well, last night (errr...way early this morning ) at 4 am before I went to bed, it was lighty snowing with maybe close to an inch on the ground ! But this morning when I got up, there wasn't even a trace of it left .

Anybody here want to guess when the TV (i.e. Treasure Valley) will get some snow that lasts for more than a couple hours or 1 day ??? I'm thinking sometime in the next week or two !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurd4wurd View Post
That weather sounds awesome~!! We hope to be experiencing winter, spring, summer, and fall in the Boise area sometime in the not too distant future!!

Old 12-15-2007, 02:42 PM

Default HDL - I am definitely looking...

forward to moving south and it would be totally kewl to know someone down that way other than my adult kids~!! For the last couple days we've had snow during the night. It is beautiful, but the down side is that it translates into shoveling - something I am not overly fond of... Although, the plus side is I definitely get some really good exercise by the time I finish shoveling our deck (60 feet long!), the front porch and walkway, the back patio and so on~!! Last night's snow was the really heavy, wet stuff and it seems like I've been working outside all day. Of course, it's warm and sunny, so that's a bonus for sure! Can you tell I'm conflicted here or what?

Old 12-15-2007, 08:51 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,483,154 times
MAN, we sure miss the Mexican Restaurant at Fairview and Curtis. Can't remember the name of it but we LOVED their Arroz con Pollo (rice with chicken)

Old 12-15-2007, 09:26 PM

Cool Well dear Crew Chief....

The next time you're 'trucking' through, let me know and I'll let you take me to dinner (if it's okey dokey with the wifey, that is) !!!

Happy Holidays to you! Safe traveling mercies and thanks for stopping by !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
MAN, we sure miss the Mexican Restaurant at Fairview and Curtis. Can't remember the name of it but we LOVED their Arroz con Pollo (rice with chicken)

Old 12-16-2007, 06:30 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,483,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
The next time you're 'trucking' through, let me know and I'll let you take me to dinner (if it's okey dokey with the wifey, that is) !!!

Happy Holidays to you! Safe traveling mercies and thanks for stopping by !!!
Hi HDL! Many thanks for the invite! Unfortunately, my company won't let me venture out any farther than OH, IN & KY these days (Maybe they think senility is setting in) So won't be able to take you up on the dinner offer just yet. However, we keep threatening to visit our old friends in ID, so we may just get back out there one day... Also, a "Merry, Merry and a "Happy, Happy" to you and yours!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Trapper - Hubby and I have...

driven through Idaho City a couple of times and stopped at the general store both times. Pretty neat store - reminds me of the general stores in Vermont. Personally, I don't know much about Idaho City other than it is a beautiful ride from Boise up that way. I think I had cell service, although I couldn't swear to it. If I'm correct in my recollection then Verizon Wireless has coverage in that area. If I'm incorrect, well I will have to attribute that to CRS Syndrome and apologize profusely.

During one of our passes through Idaho City, we met a very lovely woman (60-ish) picking up a few items at the general store. She relocated there after having been widowed and seemed to really be happy with her choice although she did say that she planned her trips into town (Boise) whenever she needed a "civilization fix".

Sorry I can't provide any truly worthwhile information on Idaho City - hopefully others will have more useful information for you.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:24 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,867,049 times
My head is hurting from this blatant abuse of the smilie function.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: