Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2014, 11:02 AM

23 posts, read 38,791 times

Advertisements

Hello to all of you. We have very difficult decision Perhaps Moving and retiring From Florida Tampa to Boise Idaho We would like to Know ( Pros and cons ) Weather , People Health care ?? any one regret ?? we are looking for small house or condo or 55 plus community our budget is $ 120 K . When is the best time of the year to move I know the winter is coming soon Can you please give information. Million thank you We were in Boise and Cour D alene before Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 03:52 PM

164 posts, read 314,910 times
I would either move now or in the spring.

If I had an opportunity, I would move now but that is just because I am looking forward to the move.

I have lived all over the US and I always enjoyed Boise the most. The only thing you are giving up is an ocean and that is only 8 hours away...

Old 08-10-2014, 04:33 PM

863 posts, read 2,992,569 times
Have you browsed the forum yet? There is a lot of info already posted by like minded people that should answer some of your questions and help you form new, more specific ones.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:09 AM

85 posts, read 137,844 times
Hello. We moved from Tampa FL, to Moscow ID, last August. As a matter of fact, today is our one year anniversary of our arrival to Idaho.
We were told that no one moves in the winter.
Never been to Boise but it sounds like a wonderful place. I would like to visit and spend some time there. It sounds a bit like Seminole Heights, with all the artsy and music stuff.
Good Luck.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:55 PM

863 posts, read 2,992,569 times
Hi again,

I reread your post and was reminded you were in Boise before. By that I'd assume you are somewhat familiar with the weather and overall connection in the area to outdoor activities. That can be both a pro or a con, especially in the winter, depending on what you are looking for.

I suggest you start browsing real estate. Your budget will likely drive your location (and relo planning) and prices are going up. I'm not certain, but from what little I know most 55+ places are newer, centrally located in popular areas, and have amenities that may put them out of your price range. There are a couple good realtors on CD who could speak better to this.

I have no regrets about living here, but sometimes feel the relative isolation. Then I leave and and realize it's a blessing!

Last, I'd suggest you consider what you want out from your new location, then do your best homework to reassure yourselves that you intend to find it when you get there. And if moving in winter works for you, why limit yourselves? Moving out of high season is bound to cheaper. Please feel free to browse and post additional questions. I'm sure you'll have some. Cheers!

Last edited by zoso1979; 08-11-2014 at 07:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area