Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 04:01 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,928,349 times

Advertisements

I've been looking at homes on "Realtor.Com" and came across an area in Nampa that looks nice in the pictures, but has many homes for sale and it makes me wonder why. Could any one tell me about this area? I'd appreciate it. Zip: 83651...Lone Star Rd., S. Midland Blvd. and N. Midland Blvd. area. Looks like there's a West Park nearby. Is there a reason so many homes are for sale?
I'm trying to find a decent area that is not too expensive, not too far from Boise. I see some areas of Caldwell that looks nice, but that may be a bit too far out. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 03:33 PM

Default Housing Market

I'll ask this differently, maybe it will work out better.
How is the housing market out there? Are the foreclosures over? Are there bidding wars? Are most people getting the asking price/less or more? Are houses continually going up in price? Do they normally stay on the market long?
I'm just curious what I'll be up against when we come up to purchase a home.
Anyone know of a good realtor that services the Nampa/Caldwell area?
Thanks.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Lol.

There are still a handful of agents on here. Sorry if the meanies ran off your friend, who generally gave poor advice anyway.
Real estate agents won't usually tell you good and bad areas!! At least not the ones I've dealt with!!
I'm trying to get an idea of what areas to stay away from. Someone had said any streets that are numbers in Nampa were not good!
I'll keep searching.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:29 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,672,521 times
Nampa is a completely different beast than Boise. I can't imagine it's nearly as expensive or competitive there for housing.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Nampa is a completely different beast than Boise. I can't imagine it's nearly as expensive or competitive there for housing.
It always has been very different. So housing in Boise is competitive?
When I lived there 30 years ago, there wasn't much in Nampa, but the mall and Caldwell, Meridian, Star, nothing! Unfortunately like most nice places, it grew.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:52 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,378,003 times
I work in a real estate office in West Boise (NOTE: I am NOT an agent), but we do almost nothing in Canyon county, so I really can't offer any helpful advice. I've only even been out to Nampa a couple of times in the last 10 years. It's just not my "bubble".

However, it doesn't look like there are an unusual number for sale, so not sure what you are seeing.

In all of 83651, there are 175 active listings. That's without putting in any other criteria. By comparison, in 83642 (in Meridian) there are 297, and in 83646 (the rest of Meridian), there are 434. In a few different Zips in Boise, I found mostly in the 100-150 range per zip. In 83686 (another part of Nampa) there are 329 and in 83687 (also Nampa) there are 180. So 175 is in that same ballpark. Just FYI.

I ran a search of properties within a mile of the intersection you listed, and there were 100. Looks like there is a lot of building going on in that area, as 33 of the 100 listings were for "to be built", "under construction", "new, never occupied" or "<1 year old". Of the remaining 67, only 12 were bank owned, short sales, or potential foreclosures. So not a lot of distressed properties. Of the remaining 55, the average days on market was around 2 months, which is fairly typical.

So to me, it looks like the number might be a little artificially high because of new construction, but the market seems to be healthy. The majority of the listings were in the $120k-$190k range.

I'm sorry that I don't know the area at all, so I can't tell you pros or cons of that area in general.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
I work in a real estate office in West Boise (NOTE: I am NOT an agent), but we do almost nothing in Canyon county, so I really can't offer any helpful advice. I've only even been out to Nampa a couple of times in the last 10 years. It's just not my "bubble".

However, it doesn't look like there are an unusual number for sale, so not sure what you are seeing.

In all of 83651, there are 175 active listings. That's without putting in any other criteria. By comparison, in 83642 (in Meridian) there are 297, and in 83646 (the rest of Meridian), there are 434. In a few different Zips in Boise, I found mostly in the 100-150 range per zip. In 83686 (another part of Nampa) there are 329 and in 83687 (also Nampa) there are 180. So 175 is in that same ballpark. Just FYI.

I ran a search of properties within a mile of the intersection you listed, and there were 100. Looks like there is a lot of building going on in that area, as 33 of the 100 listings were for "to be built", "under construction", "new, never occupied" or "<1 year old". Of the remaining 67, only 12 were bank owned, short sales, or potential foreclosures. So not a lot of distressed properties. Of the remaining 55, the average days on market was around 2 months, which is fairly typical.

So to me, it looks like the number might be a little artificially high because of new construction, but the market seems to be healthy. The majority of the listings were in the $120k-$190k range.

I'm sorry that I don't know the area at all, so I can't tell you pros or cons of that area in general.
Thank you so very much! That helps me tremendously to understand the market out there. I appreciate your help!

Old 11-18-2014, 09:35 PM

33 posts, read 107,323 times
Get on Google maps, drag the little man to the area you are thinking about moving to and take a "walk" around Best thing we ever did when looking for homes.

Real estate photos only show you the best of the house they're trying to sell. Take a look at the neighborhood via online maps if you can't see it in person.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,473 times
Default Nampa

We live near the area, midland and lake Lowell dr, and for the nampa area, it is the nicer end of nampa. It's affordable yet nice. Good schools well maintained houses. Calwell has nice areas too. Mostly south, like nampa.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:56 PM

623 posts, read 1,605,316 times
Hayden Homes has some nice projects in that area. They do a nice job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area