Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 06:25 PM

186 posts, read 240,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I had to wonder because whenever I heard such things being discussed, I have to wonder if said person doesn't want to see the likes of me(or anyone who looks like me) moving to a certain place.
Well, green-mariner, if it's any consolation, that road runs both ways. I know darn good and well that there are a number of places where I - and anyone who looks anything like me (with the possible exception of our beautiful women) - will be considered to be unwelcome. And, of course, I know better than to visit such places!

Everybody - regardless of who or what they are - has places where they aren't welcome. That's a simple reality.

If people force themselves into places where they don't "belong", little good will come of it. If they want something like those of a group who won't accept them have established, the shunned group needs to build something similar for themselves in their own area. That applies to all groups, across the board.

If the members of one group have invented, built and advanced in every part of the world they've ever populated ..., while the members of a different group have more or less stagnated in every part of the world they've ever inhabited; how can those belonging to the stagnant group have any sense of entitlement to what those of the advanced group built for themselves?

How would you feel, if you built a log cabin for yourself and your family - only to have a group of freeloaders (who sat idly by and watched you build it) come along and demand that you share it with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 06:33 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,664 times
I looked at the Idaho Falls website & they were like we are your servants, how may we help you? And they said stuff like we respectfully request that park users don't drink beer at the top of the falls. The less a city dictates, the lower the crime it has seems to be true. Boise probably has somewhat lower crime rates as they don't try to be a snob city where only high income people feel welcome. Their downtown Civil War vintage park has a large tree with a big part of it broken off.

Idaho needs to re-legalize cannabis, which kills nobody, helps hundreds of medical conditions, makes people non-violent if anything does & they would likely be a destination state like CO. Best wishes, all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
I had no idea that Boise and Idaho in general was so safe. Consider this, Boise has one of the lowest crime and murder rates of all cities over 100K population. And Idaho, it's like the 5th safest state in the nation.

Violent Crime per 100,000 residents:

Nationwide average: 367.9

Idaho: 217.0

City metros:

Boise, ID MSA 224.3

Idaho Falls, ID MSA 158.5

Old 01-19-2015, 06:53 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,249,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdaD View Post
Your suspicions are warranted.

pnw2016, City Data
I have to say WOW too! I would be censored if I said what was really on my mind!

Old 01-19-2015, 06:54 PM

723 posts, read 806,237 times
Based on the data, the numbers In Boise and LA are not that far from each other.I have been to Boise Idaho. The city is kind of quiet and country style.
It is not that diverse either and some folks out there are complaining about people moving from California to relocate in Boise.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:02 PM

209 posts, read 316,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnw2016 View Post

If people force themselves into places where they don't "belong", little good will come of it. If they want something like those of a group who won't accept them have established, the shunned group needs to build something similar for themselves in their own area. That applies to all groups, across the board.

If the members of one group have invented, built and advanced in every part of the world they've ever populated ..., while the members of a different group have more or less stagnated in every part of the world they've ever inhabited; how can those belonging to the stagnant group have any sense of entitlement to what those of the advanced group built for themselves?
On this day of all days, I feel you, pnw2016, do not belong. Segregation is no longer the law of the land as much as you may wish it to be so. This country was not built by just one group of people but by the hard labor of people of many different races.

I do not think Boise is quite as accepting of your attitude as you think. Just because the area is predominantly white does not mean it is predominantly racist.

Last edited by FutureNorthender; 01-19-2015 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 01-19-2015, 07:30 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Well, green-mariner, if it's any consolation, that road runs both ways. I know darn good and well that there are a number of places where I - and anyone who looks anything like me (with the possible exception of our beautiful women) - will be considered to be unwelcome. And, of course, I know better than to visit such places!

Everybody - regardless of who or what they are - has places where they aren't welcome. That's a simple reality.

How would you feel, if you built a log cabin for yourself and your family - only to have a group of freeloaders (who sat idly by and watched you build it) come along and demand that you share it with them?
There might be places you aren't welcomed in the USA. Guess what. The law says you can still live there. You do not get to decide where I belong. I am an American, and I can live anywhere I want. You can do the same thing as well.

And the log cabin reference is quite disingenuous. There is a difference between building a private house for yourself, and being in a society. Do not pull that on me.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
I have to say WOW too! I would be censored if I said what was really on my mind!
I think you should be able to say whatever you want, and if others (myself included) don't like it - tough.

I'd much prefer that you be allowed to express what you truly think, than to have you reluctant to voice your opinion for fear of reprisals.

If we agree, we agree. If we disagree, we disagree. But, at least, we can say what we think.

Of course, true freedom of speech has been trampled by the pretensive doctrine of "political correctness", in which great care must be taken in the words one chooses, lest one offend those anointed with... equality...

As for me, I'm well aware that some members of this forum strongly disagree with my views. That's fine with me (yes, really!). On the other hand, I suspect my detractors must really hate to see my reputation points continue to grow, when those who agree with my posts add to the count...

Last edited by pnw2016; 01-19-2015 at 08:15 PM..

Old 01-19-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I think you should be able to say whatever you want, and if others (myself included) don't like it - tough.

I'd much prefer that you be allowed to express what you truly think, than to have you reluctant to voice your opinion for fear of reprisals.

If we agree, we agree. If we disagree, we disagree. But, at least, we can say what we think.

Of course, true freedom of speech has been trampled by the pretensive doctrine of "political correctness", in which great care must be taken in the words one chooses, lest one offend those anointed with... equality...
I have a question. Are you in prison for anything that you've said?

Old 01-19-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureNorthender View Post
On this day of all days, I feel you, pnw2016, do not belong. Segregation is no longer the law of the land as much as you may wish it to be so. This country was not built by just one group of people but by the hard labor of people of many different races.

I do not think Boise is quite as accepting of your attitude as you think. Just because the area is predominantly white does not mean it is predominantly racist.
This is true. Alot of people contributed to building this nation.

Speaking of attitude, I will bring up something. The Aryan Nations set up a compound in northern Idaho. Sometime later, it ended up being ran out of that region.

And segregation being the law of the land, there is one thing I want to point out. Idaho did not have the Jim Crow segregation in the schools like states in the South did.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureNorthender View Post

Oh! So, you feel I shouldn't be able to express my views on a day dedicated to honor an individual who proved to be an adulterer, Communist collaborator and plagiarist. Is that it? He was also accused of repeated acts of domestic violence, by the way. Is that your idea of the type of character a leader should possess?

And, what do you think the attitude of grassroots Boise citizens will be, after "diversity" leads to a dramatic rise in their overall crime rate? When one small group commits an amount of crime that is wildly disproportionate to their low percentage of the overall population, they tend to draw plenty of attention (and disdain) upon themselves.

I remember how Kansas City was, before the boundaries were removed. They learned..., the hard way...

It's been my experience that those whom praise diversity the most are usually the farthest away from it. The density of their hypocrisy is overwhelming...

Last edited by pnw2016; 01-19-2015 at 08:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area