Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 09:52 PM

91 posts, read 165,732 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a cheap furniture store in or around Boise? One that preferably has a website I can browse their items?

Would be looking for an inexpensive queen sized bed, t.v. stand (you guys got Ikea out there?) and a sofa for the living room.

Trying to figure out what's cheaper:

1. Pay some company $2,700 to move my dining room table, t.v./stand, couch bed and a few boxes
2. Buy all new stuff when I get there.

I'm guessing it's going to be cheaper to buy new stuff, considering I'm a single guy and the only quality that I'm looking for is a comfy couch to lounge on.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 10:01 PM

and I take it there's no Ikea or Living Spaces in Idaho....

Old 05-16-2015, 11:08 PM

213 posts, read 342,998 times
I've had fabulous success buying used furniture on Craigslist. I've spent less than $500 for a bunk bed, couch, wingback chair, 2 bookcases, dining table set and several little things. Completely happy with my "disposable furniture." If it the kids break it or I don't like it anymore, it's no big deal to chuck it.

No Ikea here, closest one would be in Salt Lake City. If you have a truck and a pretty good idea of what you want or need, you could make a long day of it. Get on the road early, be there by noon, spend 3 hours shopping, be back home for bed.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:05 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
There used to be a lot of used furniture stores here but several went out of business 3 or 4 years ago. The only one I'm aware of anymore is the Bench Commission at Rose Hill and Roosevelt. Just make sure to smell before you buy. LOL

I've used Craigslist for other items, but it seems people selling furniture are squirrly. I've had them give me wrong addresses, or not answer the door when I come to see it, or even deny they had anything on Craigslist. YMMV.

I've seen RC Willey ads for living room groups for $800. There's another store close to RC Willey that is very reasonable but I can't remember the name. It just changed its name a few years ago. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Old 05-18-2015, 12:16 PM

731 posts, read 957,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
There used to be a lot of used furniture stores here but several went out of business 3 or 4 years ago. The only one I'm aware of anymore is the Bench Commission at Rose Hill and Roosevelt. Just make sure to smell before you buy. LOL

I've used Craigslist for other items, but it seems people selling furniture are squirrly. I've had them give me wrong addresses, or not answer the door when I come to see it, or even deny they had anything on Craigslist. YMMV.

I've seen RC Willey ads for living room groups for $800. There's another store close to RC Willey that is very reasonable but I can't remember the name. It just changed its name a few years ago. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

DeMeyer in Meridian, near RC Willey.

There are still several used furniture stores in the TV, one that is more "high end" than the others is Ricochet Home Consignment, another is Found Furnishings.

There is a pick up and deliver service for IKEA, run by some buys in Boise. They charge of course, but depending on what you're buying it can still be a good deal. I think the name is "Assembled in Boise" and I know they have a FB page.

I am going to be selling some floor lamps and possibly a glass and stainless corner desk if anyone is interested, please IM me. :-)

Old 05-18-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseBound2012 View Post
DeMeyer in Meridian, near RC Willey.

There are still several used furniture stores in the TV, one that is more "high end" than the others is Ricochet Home Consignment, another is Found Furnishings.

There is a pick up and deliver service for IKEA, run by some buys in Boise. They charge of course, but depending on what you're buying it can still be a good deal. I think the name is "Assembled in Boise" and I know they have a FB page.

I am going to be selling some floor lamps and possibly a glass and stainless corner desk if anyone is interested, please IM me. :-)

Thanks for the replies everyone. Not too hip on buying used stuff of Craigslist....especially bed and couch. I'm weird like that.

That's a decent website for Ikea....great business model. Will check them out.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to shoehorn (4) boxes, (2) cats and (2) 55" HDTV's into a 4 door sedan.....and make sure nothing dies or breaks on the 13 hour drive out there. I'm not sure if this is possible.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:33 PM

213 posts, read 342,998 times
Maybe you can rent a small uHaul towing trailer? They have 4x8 that should be comfortable to pull for your car.

Old 05-18-2015, 02:11 PM

719 posts, read 1,566,422 times
Or even buy a small utility trailer from a home center - it would probably cost about the same as a rental, and then you can sell it on arrival if you don't want to keep it. If it's just a 13 hour drive you should be able to do it in a day so security wouldn't be as big of a worry. Buy a spare if you're going to do this.

You could also add some space with a rooftop carrier, again something you could sell on arrival.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:51 PM

424 posts, read 579,751 times
try " used furniture stores in Boise Idaho" on google.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:19 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,895,438 times
Renewal downtown on 8th Street is a great used furniture store. It is a little more upper end but still affordable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: