U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 12:21 PM

3 posts, read 2,248 times

Advertisements

Considering relocation from a southern state and need some current info on Boise area. I can find lots of info on weather, but want some answers to the social climate for a single girl? Is it safe? Would love to live near downtown, so can I find places to rent that are affordable (under $1,000). Will I find other singles to socialize with? What kinds of things do they usually like to do to in their spare time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 12:53 PM

879 posts, read 2,484,968 times
Boise is safe - but always be vigilant as a single person anyplace you live. There are varying accounts of the single's scene in Boise. I know most of my friends from high school (now in early 30s) that stayed in Boise married by 25. Unfortunately, I don't think you'll get a real idea about the single's scene til you live someplace.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:52 AM

13 posts, read 15,639 times
I live in downtown Boise and there is a ton of stuff to do,this being a college town, theres alot of bars, if thats what your into, and the 20 something crowd is almost all you see down here. As far a s safety goes, i walk my dog nightly after 10pm without concern, even walking down alleys, but you, a female by herself, i would not recommend it for you. Rents vary from around 600 to 1200 depends on what you're looking for and how many bedrooms. And something to think about, school will be starting soon, so rents will be most likely be going up. So have no fear, another single girl in Boise is always welcome. Good luck.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:49 PM

447 posts, read 459,321 times
Enough to do in boise especially if you like the outdoors and there is the college so you have people our age around for sure. Cost of living is pretty low for instance that 1000 you have for rent could even get you a 3 bedroom house or apartment in some areas. Or at least a very nice 1 bedroom with a good location.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:30 AM

Thanks for the feedback! Are there any apartment complexes in the downtown area that I should consider? Are there any I should avoid? I'm not finding very many reviews on the internet. I'm not going to be able to make a trip before the move, so any help will be appreciated.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:03 PM

742 posts, read 832,089 times
Are you sure you can afford under $1,000 per month? Don't assume wages here are similar to anywhere in the nation.

You can find downtown-ish apartments from $600 and up, depending on where and how big. Most single 20 somethings I know don't make a whole lot, and either have roommates or have found a nice studio or 1 bed for between $600-$800. I really don't know many people paying $1k for a rental - you can buy a home for cheaper.

Knowing your job / financial situation helps us to assess what your best options are.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:37 AM

Ok, sorry, I'm back. My job interview is being strung out.

I am a single female and have no interest in buying a home, nor having a roommate. I presently rent an apartment for $700 and I will be getting a increase in my income if I make the move to Boise.

A one-bedroom between $600-$800 would be perfect!

Does anyone have a recommendation on apartment complexes? I would like to be close to the downtown area. I'm really wanting a nice, well-maintained, friendly and safe apartment. It doesn't have to be big one bedroom, but I have a cat and a washer and dryer.

All brochures look beautiful, but my experience is that sometimes they aren't realistic.

Time and money prevent me from making a visit, so I will be making the move on faith. There are few reviews on the apartments in Boise, so I was hoping this forum could help.

Thanks, everyone.

Old 08-16-2015, 04:43 PM

13 posts, read 15,639 times
Hi awombat, i currently work for a property management company in town called Greystar, you can Google them and see that we have several properties in town. If i were to choose one, it would be Logger creek apartments on w. hale st. and its right off Broadway. They have washers and dryers in the units, pet friendly and have garages for rent. im not sure what rents are going for as they change regularly with the market. Anyway, good luck on your job and apartment search. cheers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or