Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2016, 07:16 PM

446 posts, read 709,284 times

Advertisements

I've been looking for a new construction house for the past three months.

Just signed a contract today with Brighton to build an 'Aberdeen' model in Eagle. It's been an absolute bear trying to find a house, lot, deal.

The only bad news is they're a year out on construction.

Oh well, there's lots to do in Hayden in the summer so that time will go fast.

Can't wait to get to my new stomping grounds - Chinden and Highway 55.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 09:40 AM

122 posts, read 225,038 times
Good for you!

Welcome!

Our lot purchase, house design and build, took approximately six months to the day!

We actually stayed in our travel trailer (in Meridian) for the last six weeks of construction so we could stay on top of things. Inspection sign offs and minor modifications/subcontractor meetings, are very difficult and expensive to do from a long distance (California).

You might consider being close to your new digs the last couple of months for peace of mind!

Best regards,

Jeff

Old 01-09-2016, 03:00 PM

818 posts, read 1,067,937 times
Congrats!

Old 01-17-2016, 11:04 AM

140 posts, read 124,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS35a View Post
I've been looking for a new construction house for the past three months.

Just signed a contract today with Brighton to build an 'Aberdeen' model in Eagle. It's been an absolute bear trying to find a house, lot, deal.

The only bad news is they're a year out on construction.

Oh well, there's lots to do in Hayden in the summer so that time will go fast.

Can't wait to get to my new stomping grounds - Chinden and Highway 55.
Welcome, if you can try and get pics during the construction. This way youll have an idea of how the plumbing is routed.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:02 AM

679 posts, read 812,034 times
I built my home 11 years ago, and I still go back and look at construction photos. It was a very exciting time.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:53 PM

140 posts, read 124,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortgageboss View Post
I built my home 11 years ago, and I still go back and look at construction photos. It was a very exciting time.
The pics are great aint they? If you need to go back and figure out with this or that is the photo says it all. Especially if it is on a slab. You will want to know how the plumbing is routed if you ever have a slab leak. Otherwise you actually have to hire someone to trace the route of the pipes. I live right out that way, if you need pics just let me know. Ill take them for you and send them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area