Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 06:25 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,896,892 times

Advertisements

I've heard and read that Utah is becoming a stronghold for the Arayan Nations since they were kicked out of Idaho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 12:23 PM

31 posts, read 109,476 times
First of all i am an Idaho Native. I grewup in the area that the Arayan Nations resided.(Hayden)
Does that make me a racist? No way. Infact, my Mom dated an old Friend of the family, who was black. I got a lot of flack about it. La de da, and so goes life. However that was years ago. The Arayan Nations, have been gone from the NW area for many years.
The leader who was here (Richard Butler) is dead and the rest of the doo doo heads, got the hell out of dodge. There was nothing left here for them. Their "compound" is no longer even standing. Although, im sure there are a few of um who stayed around.
Saying that people who are from Idaho are racist, is like believeing we all grow potatoes.
It's just on the case. Well that is all i have to say about that subject.

Oh and please excuse the crap spelling>>>

Old 02-22-2008, 08:40 AM

22 posts, read 75,339 times
Have you ever notice how that the Media, especially out of town media, tends to blow things like this out of proportion?

I sure have!

Old 02-22-2008, 02:19 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,372,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parteira View Post
this is not to say that i think the state is brimming with racists, but to me, the election results don't speak much about racism in idaho. obama won a democratic vote. historically as a group, white supremacists have not been big democractic voters.

Most white supremicists I've seen have had prison tats, generally felons, and therefore aren't allowed to vote in many states.

Either that or their job delivering pizzas got in the way of getting to the polls.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parteira View Post
interesting discussion! i love idaho and am not idaho bashing here...just wanted to chime in that i didn't think obama's success can definitevely be attributed to a lack of white supremacy in idaho, or anywhere for that matter.

i think it's important to differentiate between the organized, active white supremacy movement and general racism. i don't know whether boise has more or less white supremacists than other states (guessing more) but for what it's worth, idaho is the only place i have encountered people outwardly affiliated with the white supremacy movement, and people with related tatoos.

I've seen one guy in Coeur d'Alene a few years back that fit the discription.. shaved head, low skilled job, Doc Martens. He may not have been a skinhead, but I don't think it would be prudent to go around looking like one if you weren't.

The most people I've seen with swastika tats and other "clues" was in SoCal. Now, granted, there's a lot of people there, so statistically, there would be more losers. However, most people think N. ID is brimming with them, and it's just not so.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:27 PM

I always looked at N. Idaho as far as aryans go to being like Bowling Green, Kentucky is to Corvettes:

Corvettes are manufactured in Bowling Green. Once a year, there is a big gathering of them for about a week. But the other 358 days of the year, you don't see them around.

Some of the attitudes may still be there, but after Butler died, I do believe the movement did too... at least in N. Idaho

Old 02-22-2008, 06:07 PM

140 posts, read 491,316 times
Do they still make Vettes there Dave?

Old 02-23-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Carl View Post
Do they still make Vettes there Dave?
Um, yep. Guess that's a difference.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:12 AM

879 posts, read 2,857,717 times
Several people here in California have made notice of the Obama turn out in Boise. Better watch out! More people may be moving if they think they can be liberal there. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area