Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 04:07 PM

1 posts, read 594 times

Advertisements

thanks for this thread. I'm also considering leaving the south. The crime and poor education are becoming unbearable and Boise from all the research I've been able to do seems very nice. =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 09:54 PM

79 posts, read 102,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingyak View Post
thanks for this thread. I'm also considering leaving the south. The crime and poor education are becoming unbearable and Boise from all the research I've been able to do seems very nice. =)
Yeah, everything I've come across over several sites, including here, is looking rather favorable upon Boise and other parts of Idaho. Mostly Boise for me simply because that seems to be a good population size for what I particularly want and could still move further away from, down the line, if I ever needed a little smaller of a town. But regardless, a massive decrease from somewhere like Houston (with all that crime and poor education), but still all the amenities and resources for someone like me who isn't exactly the fully hands on do it yourself kind of guy. And importantly, what seems to be a good growing economy for jobs. And its in the region of the U.S. I've been researching for sometime now, given I like the idea of that climate and all the environment has to offer.

But like other commenters say in different threads, lets keep it a secret as long as possible. We don't want the same people coming up and trying to change it into ways that destroyed their states to suit them. California seems to be the recurring example.

I'm all about moving on up and adapting to the Idaho life. From everything I've seen, I'd like it just fine. And wouldn't want to change a thing.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:03 AM

813 posts, read 1,051,636 times
I suggest following chamber of commerce sites for cities you are interested in. Yes, they focus on the positive as they are trying to "sell the community" but it gives you a good feel of what types of people and businesses they are trying to attract.

Many real estate companies have relocation packages that they would be glad to send you for free. Other companies have relocation data on their website so you can click on active links that are most important to you and get current data via links instead of brochures telling you to go to their website (grin).

Old 06-01-2016, 10:53 AM

742 posts, read 1,121,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgkeller2015 View Post

But like other commenters say in different threads, lets keep it a secret as long as possible. We don't want the same people coming up and trying to change it into ways that destroyed their states to suit them. California seems to be the recurring example.

I'm all about moving on up and adapting to the Idaho life. From everything I've seen, I'd like it just fine. And wouldn't want to change a thing.
The area is one of the fastest growing cities in the US; top 5 or 10 depending on what you read. The secret's been out for well over 10 years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area