Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 01:27 PM

742 posts, read 1,122,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T M H View Post
Well one thing for sure, Boodle, this is absolutely not true:

Where does one come up with this cockamamie nonsense?
It's actually quite documented about the northwest in general, including Boise. You can search old threads where a lot of it is discussed time and time again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 01:28 PM

194 posts, read 261,215 times
TMH-there are a lot of negative people in the world

Old 06-23-2016, 01:40 PM

160 posts, read 250,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalsLOL View Post
It's actually quite documented about the northwest in general, including Boise. You can search old threads where a lot of it is discussed time and time again.
Balderdash.

It's also "quite documented" in threads here that there are four solid months of non-stop sunshine in the Seattle area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxXEPk3dzFg

Old 06-23-2016, 01:43 PM

You're right; the dozens (or more) people who have discussed this very issue on this forum are lying, and you're right because... you're you.

Got it.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:47 PM

160 posts, read 250,073 times
Quote:
You're right; the dozens (or more) people who have discussed this very issue on this forum are lying, and you're right because... you're you.

Got it.
Nope, because I lived there for 18 years. You?

Quote:
I will say this, speaking from the other side (having lived here most of my life)

Old 06-23-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Double that (in Boise).

Your turn.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:22 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,798,033 times
Quote:
Where does one come up with this cockamamie nonsense?

Your response alone proves my point..

Everyone has the right to their opinion, but I guess stating an opinion will just get you yelled at in the name of proving that nobody here is passive aggressive.

Quote:
I've lived in the Northwest for over 25 years.. I think I have the right to make my consensus just as Vandals has. Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean they are wrong and should be disparaged. People have the right to state their opinions. People around these parts are too damn emotional, I noticed and get butthurt too easily if you make any type of criticism.

I am not here to slander on the good name and pride of Boise.. There is goods and bads.

I also give a challenge to those people on here who say how easy it is for new people around here to make friends. I would like to know how many new friends you have met within the last year that you have bonded closely with and meet and perform activities with on a routine basis? I am talking friends, not somebody you go canoeing or play trivia with on the occasion. Something tells me a majority of the people who say it is so easy to make friends are married or have a de-facto marriage, have kids and probably spend most of their day at their hosue except for the short time enjoying extracurricular activities with their own tight-knit social circle. I bet many of these people haven't went out and about to make any new long-lasting relationships with newcomers to the town.

I've also attended several of these meetup groups and wonder if the other people who know so much about the meetups, have actually attended any of these meetups?

I agree that Hiking and other constructive activity meetups are great. The social meetups where you just randomly meet people or the so-called "Singles" meetups or social mixers, I feel are a waste of time and you end up meeting fairly awkward people. And, yes, if you are a woman attending these meetups, you will feel they are daunting, as there are almost no women who attend the meetups. The ratio is usually like 20 guys : 1 female. THis can be great for men, who just want to meet with other guys, although I have found that a lot of guys will usually gravitate to the one female in the group. Some women may feel this is a bonus as well, if they are just wanting male attention. As I said, I find a majority of these groups to be not only gender imbalanced, but just a little bizarre. A lot of random people socializing with random people and nobody really making friends with anyone. It seems like a lot of people I have seen at these meetups end up not making friends with anyone in the groups, but rather latch on to people they met in organized activities or work.

The OP, also stated he was 20, so attending some of the meetup groups like Boise Active SIngles or whatever, he will be the only 20 year old in the group as almost everyone is in the late 30s, to 40 -50+ age range.

Once again, my analysis.. YMMV.

Quote:
Balderdash.

It's also "quite documented" in threads here that there are four solid months of non-stop sunshine in the Seattle area.
I take it you have never lived in Seattle or Portland .. There are many years where there are several months of solid sunshine, it is called summer. ANd you are the guy who says Portland /Seattle only sees 8 clear days in July.. You are far from being an encyclopedia of facts yourself.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 06-23-2016 at 02:36 PM..

Old 06-23-2016, 02:25 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,859,400 times
Re-Quoting from the first page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdaD View Post
It isn't harder to meet people in Boise than it is anywhere else, you just have to put yourself out there and be social. And as you meet more and more people things will start to cascade, so give it some time. Join a gym, a sports league, a shooting club, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Agreed, after I moved here I found it easy to meet people and make new friends. It all depends on a persons energy and personality.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:38 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,798,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob8014 View Post
Thanks everyone for your advice! I'm gonna start looking into the meetup groups, and see what's available there. From my experience here already, the people are way more down to earth than other areas. I'm not one to be into the lousy friendships where they're not close at all, I'd much rather have some friends who are always there for me and I'm always there for them.

Looking forward to what the future holds!
I hope you find such close friendships, as superficial friendships are the majority. Good friends like this don't come easy anywhere, to be honest.

My experience is when you live in a "friendly" place like Idaho, you will have a hard time knowing who is genuine and who is your life long blood brother/sister..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: