Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 06:06 AM

164 posts, read 227,579 times

Advertisements

Travel time looks like 10 and a half hours. We have bought our home in Boise and traveling from Florida with four, count 'em, four cats. I don't think I can take one more "Pet Friendly" hotel experience and want to push it the 10.5 hours to Boise. Possible? Safe? Wise?

I am cross posting on travel forum too but really appreciate the people on this forum.
Thanks,

Dart Humeston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 10:18 AM

448 posts, read 812,579 times
It depends more on your own experience and skill as a driver and the reliability of your vehicle than anything related to the route. If you're not used to driving long distances or your vehicle isn't well maintained, it could be difficult. But it's easily possible and safe to make that trip in a day, especially if you have multiple drivers to take turns.

Even if you hit traffic and stop to eat and refuel several times and budget 13-14 hours to get there... if you wake up and hit the road by 7:00am you'll be in Boise by 8:00-9:00pm. Get settled in the new place and wind down for a couple of hours and you're in bed by 11:00pm.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:58 AM

213 posts, read 342,998 times
I would personally do it, just to have it done and over with. If you have somebody to tag team the driving, I say it's quite possible. I've done over 900 miles in a day with my husband. Admittedly, this was before children. We just tag team the driving, tried to only stop for gas, and lost about an hour of time due to stops.

The longest I've done alone with children was a bit over 700 miles with frequent stops. I want to say it took 13 hours? Having to stop every 2 hours helps keep me alert and blood flowing around. I don't drink caffeine, so I listened to my body. If I even think I'm feeling sleepy, I stop and move around and likely buy something sweet to give me a boost.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:52 PM

164 posts, read 227,579 times
We made it. My wife drove for about two hours and I drove the rest. We stopped often to stretch our legs and clear our heads. Still, it was a long, long drive for us old farts.

Who knew our Kia Soul could do 93 MPH across Wyoming?

Thanks everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area