Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 09:50 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,427,003 times

Advertisements

I think it's broken today. NOAA says sunny this afternoon. Like you said, we'll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 06:57 AM

927 posts, read 578,304 times
The PNW is known for inversions both east and west side. I'm surprised Boise gets it so bad. I figured they would be far enough east to avoid the air traps the Cascades provide like Spokane gets.

As we head towards a MWP period expect more dry PNW inversion winters and wet springs due to seasonal lag. Sadly this will result in wildfires out of control during latter summer (due to super growth from wet springs) and make last year look tame.
During the MWP Lake Tahoe went completely dry due to mega drought but that kind of drought won't peak for another 100 years yet so unless other factors screwed up our climate we may still have some sting left in terms of snow/cold but very rapidly diminishing hereafter. But for now expect the majority of our winters to be 'back loaded' where excitement happens in the back end of the season.

T

Old 12-17-2017, 07:02 AM

927 posts, read 578,304 times
There is lots of factors altering our climate both small and big the media will never tell you or you have to be seeing it at the right time and they never mention it again as they go on to whatever they are told to say by the hot shots focusing on the next agenda.

Spraying to reduce solar radiation aka '0chemtrails' but that word quickly gets the ban hammer in most social circles due to political correctness so I put a 0 on it to not trigger any auto bans which some forums you get banned for saying Tavistock. You have to go to YouTube to get clearer answers that isn't paid science. Science should never be about money!

Just look up and observe weird air traffic patterns and white planes with no ID to them spraying in X or half circle shapes from directions commercial traffic doesn't fly from. These lines will spread into artificial haze that can often cover the sun for days at a time and cause you to choke depending on wind conditions.

Another factor is there is piles of microscopic pieces of plastic in our ocean bigger then the state of Texas and still growing which messes up our west to east jet stream due to ocean currents being stagnant (as in not flowing correctly or at all) and we get airmasses not moving as it should.

Since 2013 we have been stuck with what's called the Ridiculously Resilient Ridge which more or less hasn't really gone away perhaps due to these and other factors. Sometimes it weakens like last year but has been bouncing back like rabid dogs. This stubborn son of a.............won't go away and has made parts of Oregon be dry like Boise for longer and longer periods.

We have been sunny every single day this month so far except yesterday. Today the sun even shown a bit and most nights have been (below) 24 due to this fking inversion. I want some real weather but I'd take this over low ceiling and SW flow with constant drizzle.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:30 PM

252 posts, read 294,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangjoey View Post
the cold is really killing my golf game. :d
tell me about it

Old 12-18-2017, 03:32 PM

Not putting down anyone that the inversion effects, but I dont get why it effects some so greatly.

We came from the bipolar/manic weather of the midwest. I dont even notice the inversions.

Im used to days of cloudy weather in the midwest so I guess that is why it doesnt effect me so much?

Old 12-19-2017, 08:19 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,859,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesChevelle View Post
Not putting down anyone that the inversion effects, but I dont get why it effects some so greatly.

We came from the bipolar/manic weather of the midwest. I dont even notice the inversions.

Im used to days of cloudy weather in the midwest so I guess that is why it doesnt effect me so much?
I think part of the effect on some people is because our weather is generally non eventful and predictable and when we get the inversions they understandably shock and mess with some peoples senses and moods. I usually don't mind them unless they drag on for over a week. By the time February rolls around, inversions are just a distant memory of the dead of winter.

Last weeks short lived inversion lifted on Friday and the weekend was beautiful but no one will talk about that here. Seems like City Data attracts people who generally like to talk about what they view as negative. I guarantee that when the next inversion sets in (if one does, who knows...it's all based on the weather patterns over the winter) that people will come back and post in these threads

Old 12-19-2017, 01:12 PM

355 posts, read 561,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Last weeks short lived inversion lifted on Friday and the weekend was beautiful but no one will talk about that here. Seems like City Data attracts people who generally like to talk about what they view as negative.
Good point, and I think that's true outside of this forum. When I'm researching something prior to buying it, it's sometimes hard to get a feel for the data sometimes because it's often the ones who have a problem that come in and put in reviews.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:21 PM

355 posts, read 561,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Hitter View Post
Saturday, on 9, after I hit a gap wedge from 120 out that bounced over the green and almost into the street, we quit - that was the 5th GIR I "hit" that bounced over the green. Sometimes the bounces are 50 ft high.

plus you can't get a tee into the ground, I may try again this weekend but I'm thinking the sticks will be put up until Feb

where do you play/practice?
How odd, I could have sworn that I replied to this but can't find it.

We usually play at Plantation. Coming from out of state, I'm used to the high price of private clubs (most in the Boise area are cheaper than I'm used to, but still more expensive than I can afford). But, Plantation is very reasonable. We paid no initiation fee, and it's cheaper monthly than it is for my son and I to play three times per month at local courses. With our membership, we can play unlimited golf (until the wife gets annoyed ), which has been great.

We use it for short game practice also, but typically hit balls up at Shadow Valley.

Where do you typically play and practice?

Old 12-19-2017, 02:14 PM

347 posts, read 396,948 times
Quote:

We usually play at Plantation. Coming from out of state, I'm used to the high price of private clubs (most in the Boise area are cheaper than I'm used to, but still more expensive than I can afford). But, Plantation is very reasonable. We paid no initiation fee, and it's cheaper monthly than it is for my son and I to play three times per month at local courses. With our membership, we can play unlimited golf (until the wife gets annoyed ), which has been great.

We use it for short game practice also, but typically hit balls up at Shadow Valley.

I'm a member at Crane Creek

I've never played Plantation. I've played Quail and Shadow before.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Hitter View Post
I'm a member at Crane Creek

I've never played Plantation. I've played Quail and Shadow before.

We all need to be friends. I dont belong anywhere but Im a golfing fanatic

Falcon, Quail and Shadow are among my favorites
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area