Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 09:04 AM

10 posts, read 10,185 times

Advertisements

Update....Not impressed with Alegiant Airlines! When we were due to depart LA, we were on the plane and starting to head towards the runway when they said that there was an ignition problem with one of the engines and we returned back to the gate and had to get off the plane. They did give us $8 pp meal vouchers. They flew a plane in from Vegas and that plane was fine. We were 5 hours late getting into Boise.

Our flight home was fine, however, there is absolutely no leg room, the seats are not as wide and not much padding on the seats. I really missed wi fi on the flight also. Next time, I think I will be flying Delta. Looks like they have non stop flights into Boise. Thank you all for all your replies. I would rather pay a higher fare and feel safer and more comfortable! We also put an offer in on a house in Boise on this trip. Please see my new thread. If anyone knows anything about the Hobble Creek Sub Division, I would love to know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 01:00 PM

252 posts, read 298,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyAnn61 View Post
Update....Not impressed with Alegiant Airlines! When we were due to depart LA, we were on the plane and starting to head towards the runway when they said that there was an ignition problem with one of the engines and we returned back to the gate and had to get off the plane. They did give us $8 pp meal vouchers. They flew a plane in from Vegas and that plane was fine. We were 5 hours late getting into Boise.

Our flight home was fine, however, there is absolutely no leg room, the seats are not as wide and not much padding on the seats. I really missed wi fi on the flight also. Next time, I think I will be flying Delta. Looks like they have non stop flights into Boise. Thank you all for all your replies. I would rather pay a higher fare and feel safer and more comfortable! We also put an offer in on a house in Boise on this trip. Please see my new thread. If anyone knows anything about the Hobble Creek Sub Division, I would love to know!

With all due respect, you are placing premium expectations on a company that advertises as the most budget way to travel.

You get what you pay for applies.

They are a zero frills cheap way to travel, and they dont hide that fact.

That is like complaining that your taxi wasnt a limo.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:37 PM

10 posts, read 10,185 times
Very interesting....I don't plan on flying with this airline again.

Old 10-15-2018, 08:22 PM

252 posts, read 298,070 times
What's interesting?

Being informed by the forum members and then complaining about the very thing you were informed about?

Old 10-15-2018, 11:11 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
Allegiant has on average an older fleet than other airlines. However, and this is a big "however", that alone does not make them less safe. As someone else mentioned, all airlines must meet safety and maintenance standards, and this is something that is strictly monitored. Otherwise, the planes don't even get near a push-back. Beyond that, the low prices are mainly due to less legroom, more luggage restrictions, and skimpy, if any, service on board.

I flew Spirit from Seattle to LA awhile back just to experience it, and while the plane wasn't ancient, the leg room was hardly existent, and while I'm only 5'10, I felt hemmed in. Spirit is so cheap they don't allow passengers to spread out on half empty flights as they try to keep the proper balance in the aircraft for best use of fuel vs. weight. Wow.

But if you are trying to save money and don't have a lot of luggage, airlines like Allegiant and Spirit will be just fine and there is little worry of safety concerns.

As for Boise, this airport has been growing over recent decades and has a newer terminal. Alaska is still the biggest passenger airline there, but Delta, Southwest, United, and American all have flights to their hubs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area