Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 6,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32 View Post
I will be moving to Nampa soon and I am quite worried about the GangLand atmosphere there. I watch the news headlines for the area and I am constantly seeing the word "Shooting"..

What, if anything, is there to protect us from Gang-like activity in Nampa? I know that in certain parts of California it is illegal to walk down the street in groups of 3 or more, etc.. Are there any such ordinances there in Nampa? How successful are neighborhood watch programs there? Are "suspected gang member" calls taken seriously? Are the Nampa police sufficiently staffed? Do people in Nampa take an active role in crime prevention or do they close their eyes and say "It's none of my business"? The shootings are getting worse in Nampa than they are where I live now!

I also noticed in the news that they never report a suspects race even though they have eye witnesses. Why is this? You would think that if the police are looking for a suspect, the news would report more than their height and the clothing they were wearing.

I really hope my experience is a peaceful one and I plan on doing my part when needed concerning the reporting of crime and suspicious activity and lending a helping hand when need be. I just hope everybody else does.

Idahoans: What say you?
i live on caldwell now and i am a former gang member. the gangs here are no different than the gangs in cali or anywhere else. the only difference is the numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 05:59 PM

13 posts, read 77,220 times
I lived in Nampa for 3 yrs and i can tell you i never witnessed a shooting. I believe that this little city has gotten better. I just moved to Kuna and i sure miss Nampa like crazy. Just stick yourself in a good neighborhood. Get some feedback from neighbors before you move in a home

Old 07-18-2007, 04:35 PM

1 posts, read 6,618 times
Default gangs

I say we need to come together for the "gang problem" and pray. Why sit on our butts in fear while these kid's hearts are crying out for love and a "family". Which is the number 1 reason why people join gangs.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 6,343 times
Default life in nampa

I grew up in Nampa Id, and ill tell you one thing, no matter what color you skin, it's the color t shirt you wear, no one says all gangs have to be like californias gangs to be dangerous. Nampa still has shootings, dive-by's, drug deals, and plenty of gang activity.its all in the youth, the young ones are the ones doin all the dirty work while the "O G's" kick back and collect.
gang life is active and not slowing down, so if your going to move there, keep an eye on the youth.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:02 PM

18 posts, read 40,091 times
I belive that people only hear of the bad things about Nampa and then totally stereo type the city to being a gang violence city that is dangerous to live in. But on the real, it's a pretty small town that i grew up in and love to this day,...plus it has a mall! ~H.T.B

Old 12-10-2008, 02:11 PM

238 posts, read 863,536 times
Default This thread went back to the top... Here's a Nampan's 2 cents,

Please shut up about the Gangs in Nampa/C-well, there is nothing to wory about. The few shootings that occur tend to always be between people who know each other and have business/family relationships with one another.

Nearly all of the RANDOM violence in the valley has been occuring from Meridian eastward... the ocasional barroom fistfight being the exception

Old 12-10-2008, 02:23 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpacheco23 View Post
i live on caldwell now and i am a former gang member. the gangs here are no different than the gangs in cali or anywhere else. the only difference is the numbers.
Uh yeah, whatever...

Old 11-24-2009, 01:01 AM

1 posts, read 5,451 times
If you move to nampa...Make sure its southside nampa near the high school though! Im born n raised on the North Side of Nampa. That is the worse place in idaho if youre talkin about gang violence, drugs, shootings, stabbing, murders, ect...Caldwell is ok to live in, It is much much smaller than nampa. Nampa schools arent all that great, I went to Nampa High School n there is lots of violence and drug activity. But like I said Caldwell is pretty bad in some places and nice in some places..In nampa its either really bad n u live on the north side or good livin on the south! Id recommend movin to Boise r caldwell. Nampa is not the place if youre tryin to escape violence and drugs!!

Old 11-25-2009, 01:28 AM

1 posts, read 5,608 times
I just moved from Anchorage, Alaska to Nampa and I am wondering where all the violence is.

I've wandered all over Nampa, even the "Bad Parts" and my spidey sense hasn't gone off once.

I got lost in a bad part of town (as I was told) and did not fear for my safety for a second. The locals were nice enough to help me find my bearings on a map.

I've only been here for 3 months, so I may not have wandered into the dangerous enclave of home boys and side shooters, but if they are here, they are well hidden.

The most dangerous thing about Nampa is its restaurants. Where can I get a great meal in this town?

Old 11-25-2009, 01:38 AM

18 posts, read 65,171 times
Treasure Valley 50 Where are you on this one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area