Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2020, 04:33 PM

33 posts, read 17,705 times

Advertisements

Watching the weather, it looks like there has been a big difference in temperature here than in Payette.
Looks like 60 by Friday there, while it will be in the 20's here.

Is Spring actually starting to poke its head out in the Payette area?

Our house will go on the market the first week in April, and depending on how quickly it sells, we'll be packing up and on our way back to Idaho.

I will not miss Minnesota winters. So, looking forward to Idaho winters again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2020, 04:41 PM

623 posts, read 1,607,531 times
I'm in Boise but have a garden bed full of tulips and daffodils popping up. We can have really nice days in February and March for sure. Payette is similar. Exciting that you are getting so close to a move!

Old 02-25-2020, 08:17 PM

Thanks,
We would love to move back to Meridian where we lived before, but really can't afford to live there now, so we decided to move farther out. I really miss my garden that I had, it will be nice to have one again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchfan View Post
I'm in Boise but have a garden bed full of tulips and daffodils popping up. We can have really nice days in February and March for sure. Payette is similar. Exciting that you are getting so close to a move!

Old 02-26-2020, 09:25 AM

5,575 posts, read 4,947,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartForIdaho View Post
Thanks,
We would love to move back to Meridian where we lived before, but really can't afford to live there now, so we decided to move farther out. I really miss my garden that I had, it will be nice to have one again.

Old 03-11-2020, 01:12 PM

28 posts, read 39,735 times
It's been outright HOT in the afternoon in New Plymouth the past few days, grass is turning green too!

Old 03-11-2020, 03:42 PM

I hope to be flying out in April.

Just as soon as the house goes on the market.
I'll be checking out New Plymouth on the way to Payette.
Its been awhile since I have been there.

Not much on the market right now, but should be more by the time I get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray59 View Post
It's been outright HOT in the afternoon in New Plymouth the past few days, grass is turning green too!

Old 03-11-2020, 05:18 PM

5,575 posts, read 4,947,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartForIdaho View Post
I hope to be flying out in April.

Just as soon as the house goes on the market.
I'll be checking out New Plymouth on the way to Payette.
Its been awhile since I have been there.

Not much on the market right now, but should be more by the time I get there.
This area is of interest to me also. I have not received many Zillow ads for residential properties for sale in New Plymouth or Payette area.

Old 03-11-2020, 10:48 PM

149 posts, read 174,640 times
May I ask why you feel like coming back? You do not like Minnesota climate and prefer Boise area?

Old 03-12-2020, 07:22 AM

I'm a native and we have tried to move back a few times, but it seemed like things got in the way, kids, life.

My husband is a Minnesotan, he was stationed at Mountain Home, and met me after he got out.

We lived in the Boise area for 20 years, then moved to Minnesota to be near his parents.

They are both gone now.
I've never liked Minnesota and have gone back to visit Idaho many times.
Kids are grown, his parents are gone, one of our kids has already moved back to Idaho with the grand kids.

So, we made the decision that now was the time.
Hubby is also tired of the winters here. He likes Idaho better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalijaasbj View Post
May I ask why you feel like coming back? You do not like Minnesota climate and prefer Boise area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area