Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2006, 06:12 PM

318 posts, read 1,316,796 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I think I've talked hubby into taking a drive from CA to Boise in the next couple of weeks. Lining up the babysitter as of today. Do you have any advise on where to stay two nights? First time away from the kids in 2 1/2 years

We plan to visit all the areas I researched the last couple of months including, Boise bench, Star, Kuna, and Emmetts. Any places downtown we should eat at? Will have two evenings and one whole day to visit

I want to see Boise in its coldest weather. Any idea on the forecast the next couple of weeks? Hope grandma can handle the kids

Izzy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2006, 07:33 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,261,142 times
Izzy, I'm curious about your routing with it being winter.

The only place I've stayed in Boise is the Shilo Inn coming into town. So I can't suggest one place over another, sorry.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:32 PM

Hi Cleosmom,

We would go through Winnemucca and then up...I think it is 80 to Winnemucca and then 95...I can't remember the numbers on the hwy out of Winnemucca. I'm having second thoughts about leaving the kids with grandma for two night and three days. They are 3, 5, and 8. We adopted them 2 1/2 years ago and have never left them over night. Going to sleep on it a few days and then decide. We are taking the trip as a "31 years of marriage" gift to each other.

Catch you later and thanks for your reply.

Izzy

Old 12-30-2006, 09:43 AM

41 posts, read 169,498 times
When DH and I started checking out Boise we stayed at the Ameri-tel Inn at Cole and Overland. Nice place, lots of restaurants, close to the freeway.

Be careful driving - especially through Oregon. It's a long, lonely road with occasional patches of black ice.

Old 12-30-2006, 10:21 AM

Thanks Ruby,

I think we are going to wait until nicer weather and we can take the kids. I don't think they will do well with us gone that long. I wanted to fly...but hubby wants to drive. Thanks for the road info.

Izzy

Old 12-30-2006, 10:33 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,261,142 times
Izzy, I think that's a great idea to take the kids along, afterall they are a part of your family. Going up on 95 through to Boise is one pretty drive

Old 01-02-2007, 02:05 PM

171 posts, read 1,051,956 times
Well, if you end up coming with the kids, there are a few hotels that have larger accomodations and also one near downtown that has two bedrooms and it was fairly reasonable. We moved to Boise with our four children and I remember how not so fun the city searching part was with kiddos in tow! I would suggest staying in downtown Boise. It would certainly help you get a real feel for the city. You would be close to our great parks, close to good food, and a good central base for whatever you plan on doing. My favorite restaurant in Boise is Andrae's, but it is not really a place for bringing the kids. Milky Way is pretty good, the Bombay Grill downtown also has great food, Tapas Estrella has a fun atmosphere, and there are many others depending on what you are looking for. I would be glad to help, I have probably dined at them all. Good luck on your search, I would be glad ot help with anything as the time gets closer.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:37 PM

Thanks Idahomama,

I'm going to print out your post so I can have it when we do come. My three little ones are a ball of energy and are usually the kids that folks shake their heads at and say "If that were my kid...". When you adopt kids...you get the extra baggage from the past But we think their pretty wonderful. Well until they do something like lay on the floor in a public place and kick and yell because things aren't going their way Then you just carry them out and hope no one you know is in the place...

Thanks again for the info.

Izzy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: