Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 10:45 AM

4 posts, read 10,552 times

Advertisements

Can someone provide some insight on Ustick Elementary and it's quality of education? We will be relocating to Boise soon and are buying a house in Edgeview Estates, which is right next to Spalding elementary. To our disappointment there are no 1st grade openings so we've been told that our son will attend Ustick. Any info is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 10:25 AM

34 posts, read 197,738 times
Too bad you couldn't get into Spaulding. My son goes there and we have been thrilled with it. I have heard nothing but good things about Ustick. We have friends that have had their kids go to Ustick and have been very pleased. Our next door neighbors kids attend Pepper ridge and they had wished they had made it in to Spaulding. Mainly as they don't seem to have as much activities (parents days, assemblies, carnival, etc.) as the other schools.

Not to start a Boise vs. Meridian school district debate, but most folks that I have talked to have preferred the Meridian schools (Ustick, Spaulding, etc.) as opposed to some of the Boise schools; however, compared to other areas, Boise is at the top too. Both provide a quality education.

As you are close to Spaulding, I would continue your persuit to get your kids into there, i.e. 2nd grade for next year. Mr. Johnstone is the principal and an overall great guy.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:02 PM

4 posts, read 10,552 times
Thanks for your response. We do have our son on the waiting list for Spaulding. One of the tracks has no one on the waiting list, so maybe we'll get lucky and someone will have moved or something, if not, maybe next year. We can't wait to get to Boise

Old 07-08-2008, 08:45 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,362 times
My neighbors send their kids to Spaulding and just love it. I believe it's a year round school.

Edgeview Estates will be a nice location, just hop on to Overland, head west and about 2min. later you're right at the freeway entrance; very convenient.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 4,934 times
Default Ustick

My kids go to Ustick Elementary & love it! It's a great school with a great staff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: