Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2008, 02:10 AM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,786,973 times

Advertisements

"It's a cool deal. In a day, you can see 12 houses. If you have to call a real estate agent, it's going to take you a week to see the same number of houses. This way, you're saving time, gas and energy."

Thomsen says each rider on the tour is different....from first time home buyers to experienced investors. And with so many foreclosed homes on the market right now, he says there's a property for just about every buyer.

The tours happen once a month, and they always feature homes that haven't been seen yet. It's free and lunch is provided, but you're asked to sign up in advance."

KIVITV.COM | Boise, Idaho News, Weather, Sports, and More -Bus Tour Shows Off Foreclosed Homes (http://www.kivitv.com/global/story.asp?s=8719481 - broken link)

I saw this Foreclosure Bus Tour on the news the other night and was curious if anyone either reading the Boise forum or posting in it has gone on any of their tours yet ? The next one is scheduled for August 2nd and I'm debating whether or not to sign up for it. Please share your experience if you've been on it and whether you ended up purchasing a home ! Or post if you're planning on going on one of the future tours .

Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 08:44 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
"It's a cool deal. In a day, you can see 12 houses. If you have to call a real estate agent, it's going to take you a week to see the same number of houses. This way, you're saving time, gas and energy."
Why would it take a week to see that with a real estate agent? Not sure how the guy can claim that as fact? He probably shouldn't have gotten on the bus then because it's a real estate agent that's doing the tour Gee I wonder if he made it back? LOL!

Sounds like a great idea and this method has been around for a while. If you go in a group like this you're going to be taken to see what's on the list, not necessarily what your budget can handle. I'm not sure I'd want to be herded on a bus with 20 other folks, all competing for the same homes. An agent can easily pull up the same information, in your price range. In addition, there's no reason why you can't see that many houses with an agent in a day. You're still saving gas, as the agent is driving you around and you're definitely saving more energy than you would on the tour bus, because you're being shown listings you can afford. Looking at 600k homes is great eye candy, but if it's not in your price range, you're not really saving any energy.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:09 AM

364 posts, read 617,967 times
Talk about your Lookie Loo's...

Old 07-27-2008, 12:49 AM

Smile Anybody???? Somebody????

Isn't anyone else curious about the 9 bedroom home that is 6400 sq ft for $400K ? PLEASE don't make me go all by myself on the tour !

Old 07-27-2008, 08:01 PM

879 posts, read 2,858,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrie View Post
Why would it take a week to see that with a real estate agent? Not sure how the guy can claim that as fact? He probably shouldn't have gotten on the bus then because it's a real estate agent that's doing the tour Gee I wonder if he made it back? LOL!

Sounds like a great idea and this method has been around for a while. If you go in a group like this you're going to be taken to see what's on the list, not necessarily what your budget can handle. I'm not sure I'd want to be herded on a bus with 20 other folks, all competing for the same homes. An agent can easily pull up the same information, in your price range. In addition, there's no reason why you can't see that many houses with an agent in a day. You're still saving gas, as the agent is driving you around and you're definitely saving more energy than you would on the tour bus, because you're being shown listings you can afford. Looking at 600k homes is great eye candy, but if it's not in your price range, you're not really saving any energy.

LOL. Yeah, I actually think these are a waste of time for most. Looking at a home that was 600,000 that is now 400,000 is fun but isn't exactly efficient if you can only afford 200,000. So you saw 12 homes and maybe two of them you could afford.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:37 PM

Is anyone reading this thread BUYING a home in Boise this year???? If so, have you been looking at short sales or foreclosures? Just curious.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:38 AM

133 posts, read 289,631 times
HDL, I'm currently buying. I won't raise the particulars until the deal goes down, though. You don't need to specifically look for foreclosures, just find several houses that you love and compare the stats. The foreclosures will jump out if you compare price/sq.ft. They are usually the most competitively priced. The bus tour is only good if you want to look at neighborhoods. As this is the 21st century, use the internet to do the heavy lifting. I recommend cbaspen.com for their search engine. I only used my realtor when I wanted the details I couldn't get online, or I wanted to go inside a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area