Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 12:17 PM

306 posts, read 1,244,716 times

Advertisements

We did it.
After a year of renting, we jumped off the fence and bought a house
Maybe the local RE market is looking up
Call me silly if you want, but we found a house we loved and bought it / regardless of the media negativity.

The house purchased, we watch for a year in that time it dropped 90K - and fell into our price range. We did not steal it nor did we lowball the owners.
We just loved it and the price and timing finally came together.
We plan to stay there a long while, so we should be fine in the long run.
We put a lot of $ down and are carrying a very small morgage (fixed at 5.75%)

Yup, we stayed in Eagle. Yes, we still like it here.
It's close to everything - in our opinion. ANd not snooty like many have said.
Everyone has been kind and welcoming.
The house we got was only built in 2002 and in excellent condition.
Any other fence jumpers out there?

Thanks everyone for your support through this long journey.
I'm talking to you HDL, Sage, Micrguy, CaliforniaCarl, Torrie, Boiseguy, Deem, twinkle and many others who have been writing, assisting, answering questions and giving honest feedback in the year I've been here and the two years prior to our relocation.

You guys and gals are the best
We chose Brookwood for the ammenties and proximity to downtown.
And NO, we are not weathly and NO we did not buy a McMansion.
We simple got a beautiful petunia in a Rose Garden.

To those of you comtenplating buying ... do it ... prices are good is many areas ... if you plan to stay awhile.

To those of you selling, I hope more buyers that are still waiting things out - like we did - jump on your house soon.

To investors ... give it a rest or keep on doing what your doing if it works for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 12:47 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,593,884 times
Congratulations.........You got the home you were dreaming of. I hope you get to post a picture here. People don't need McMansions to be happy. They all start looking the same anyway. You sound like you love this home and it might just be perfect for you.
So glad you jumped off the fence..........

Old 10-16-2008, 12:56 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,805,699 times
Alley...I'm SO happy for you. Although the market prices can and probably will fall more, getting a house YOU WANT is the most important thing, and if you're going to be in it for the long haul, the only "bad" time to buy is when interest rates are up or banks aren't making attractive loans. So I think you made a good decision!

Old 10-16-2008, 09:13 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,196,979 times
Congratulations Alley! Good news indeed. May you have many happy years and memories made in your beautiful home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area