U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 12:48 PM

2 posts, read 22,806 times

Advertisements

What company is the most popular/ gets the best service in the area? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 01:49 PM

1,955 posts, read 2,875,241 times
I have T-Mobile, and I don't have any problems with reception, even in my apartment. I don't go to the outlying areas much, though.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:07 PM

1,378 posts, read 5,489,183 times
Verizon- it has pretty good service when you go outside the area too.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:44 PM

4,425 posts, read 5,136,586 times
Tmobile or verizon I would say are equally comparable coverage wise.... so I think between the two would be whatever promotions you can get

Old 10-30-2008, 06:25 PM

1,043 posts, read 2,953,899 times
My Verizon phone works well all over Idaho.. Even in places you cant believe your getting service.
Sure there are dead spots in the Styx, but I remember looking at some remote land in N. Idaho and the Realtor had to use MY phone..HA!! Boise, its clear as a bell on Verizon.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:32 AM

879 posts, read 2,410,852 times
My parents have Verizon and don't have any issues. I have ATT and always have good service in the Boise Area. Amazingly I always have better service in Boise than here in California. Even when I had Sprint Wireless broadband. So much for living in the one of the largest metros!

Old 09-07-2009, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 16,591 times
By far Verizon gets the best service, I travel all over the state and beyond, everywhere I go we all pull out our cell phones and ask who gets service, almost 100% of the time its the person with Verizon. I have Sprint because I like the plan better and I think it gets the next best reception to Verizon, but for service alone Verizon wins hands down. AT&T gets the worst reception here as far as I've seen and my friends complain the same, which stinks because the Iphone is really neat. No one I know has Cricket, and my T-mobile was the cheapest and worked fine all around town but I never tried it anywhere else, but from the coverage maps it looks like it only has service in the urban areas. Hope this helps! (I've had T-mobile, AT&T, and Sprint here in Boise)

Old 09-08-2009, 10:18 AM

424 posts, read 1,176,829 times
Sprint is my personal preference. I don't recommend T-Mobile. Very weak signal strength and many dropped calls (both when they were the old voicestream service and now as a pre-paid phone under T-Mobile). They are great for a pre-paid service but I would never chose them for regular cellular service. Verizon leaves a bad taste in my mouth as I have had bad service with them in the past although I am told that they have fixed most of these problems now. I haven't had service with them since 2004 (due to many dropped calls). I don't recommend AT&T either as I have heard a number of complaints from folks with their service about dropped calls in the area. As far as "the best service" goes that really depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for the most comprehensive coverage in terms of the largest service area then I agree that Verizon is the service for you. If you are just looking for who offers you the most value for your money but still gets great coverage in the area then I highly recommend Sprint. I don't think I have ever had a dropped call with Sprint/Nextel in the 3 years that I have had them and I work in a building that has very thick walls (You definitely don't want T-Mobile if you work or live in a building with thick walls). It also should be noted that Sprint still has a very comprehensive coverage area, it's just that if you get chased up a tree by a bear in the woods, Verizon would be more likely to give you coverage. That being said, most people don't realize that even in an area where you have no service, you can still place a 911 call (not unless you are in a concrete bunker or something).

The other thing to consider is that many cellular services offer discounts for employees of various different work organizations so be sure you research that before you sign up with anyone as the percentage of discount can vary (yet another reason why I am with Sprint).

Old 09-08-2009, 11:55 AM

2,756 posts, read 5,254,519 times
I've always been very happy with Verizon. They have good rates, many offices located all over Boise (I use the one on 17th & State across from Albertson's) and have a huge coverage area. If you go into one of their offices and look at a coverage map, it's pretty amazong. Too: in four years with them I can count the number of dropped calls I've had on one hand; I hear Sprint is notorious for dropped calls.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:35 PM

139 posts, read 326,254 times
When we bought a home way out in the sticks in rural Idaho, I asked my pilot bro what service he uses that offered him the best coverage everywhere because my ATT didn't even register one bar out there. He said Verizon hands down--nothing else worked as well. I couldn't believe how great the reception was. We could drive two hours back down to Boise and never drop a call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or