Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 02:21 PM

3 posts, read 5,701 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
My wife and I moved to the Boise area this past summer. We live northeast of Boise off Hwy. 21 in the Mores Creek Rim Ranch area. Halfway between Boise and Idaho City. Needless to say we're very happy living here. Our new life in the foothills of the Boise National Forest has been wonderful. It's everything we thought it would be. Yes, even including the snow! It's taken us a few months to unpack and get settled but now we feel like we're at home. I found this forum a while back and have gotten much needed information from the contributors. My wife and I now have to chose a doctors office. Quite honestly I'm not sure where to start. I dislike choosing anything or anybody straight out of the phone book. Too iffy. All of the work we had done to our home and property was through recomendations from our realtor and loan officer. That turned out great. Nothing like first hand experience in those matters. Now a half year has gone by and we need to find a doctor. I'm hoping that the contributors to this forum could give me a few recomendations or a least a few ideas of where to start. Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 02:58 PM

150 posts, read 580,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas757 View Post
Hello all,
My wife and I moved to the Boise area this past summer. We live northeast of Boise off Hwy. 21 in the Mores Creek Rim Ranch area. Halfway between Boise and Idaho City. Needless to say we're very happy living here. Our new life in the foothills of the Boise National Forest has been wonderful. It's everything we thought it would be. Yes, even including the snow! It's taken us a few months to unpack and get settled but now we feel like we're at home. I found this forum a while back and have gotten much needed information from the contributors. My wife and I now have to chose a doctors office. Quite honestly I'm not sure where to start. I dislike choosing anything or anybody straight out of the phone book. Too iffy. All of the work we had done to our home and property was through recomendations from our realtor and loan officer. That turned out great. Nothing like first hand experience in those matters. Now a half year has gone by and we need to find a doctor. I'm hoping that the contributors to this forum could give me a few recomendations or a least a few ideas of where to start. Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

What kind of Dr.? Just a family Doctor?

Old 01-14-2009, 03:09 PM

Yes. A regular family doctor. Nothing seriously wrong w/ either of us. We just need to get check ups and prescriptions renewed.
Thanks

Old 01-16-2009, 01:26 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,485,252 times
Saint Lukes Family Health on Eagle road has wonderful doctors. It's located across the street from the hospital.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:48 PM

Thank you for your suggestion. I spent some time the last 2 days doing research online. I found the same St. Lukes Family Health you recomended. They have 4 locations. One is close to us near Gowen Rd. (Hwy. 21) and Hwy 84. Just east of Gowen off of Federal. I called today. My wife and I have appointments for this Tuesday. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness and suggestion. Appreciate it.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:03 AM

993 posts, read 3,251,628 times
When I get there I am going to look for the Doctor with the " Smallest Hands ".

Old 01-18-2009, 10:27 PM

150 posts, read 580,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
Saint Lukes Family Health on Eagle road has wonderful doctors. It's located across the street from the hospital.
I was looking for Dr. too. I was going to Primary health because I had met my deductible and they are in-network. But I have had bad experiences there. So I am not going back.

We love Boise Minor Emergency we would go there for everything when we didnt have insurance but now that we have insurance they are out of network
We will go there now until our deductible is met for the year but after that we will need to find an in network dr. too.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:58 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,485,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbercutes824 View Post
I was looking for Dr. too. I was going to Primary health because I had met my deductible and they are in-network. But I have had bad experiences there. So I am not going back. .
We had some very bad experiences with Primary Health too. I'm so glad we made the switch to St. Lukes.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:25 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,705,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
We had some very bad experiences with Primary Health too. I'm so glad we made the switch to St. Lukes.
Agreed. I spent my first year on a Primary Health plan and have been much happier with St Lukes since I switched a few months ago. Granted, I didn't have to deal with specialties, or major health issues, but St Lukes has been much easier to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: