Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:34 PM

9 posts, read 14,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
I don't care who you are thats funny right there
Ha! That is funny. I do think though that there is a difference between the 55 and over "active adult" communities and retirement communities.

Anyway I often thought what exactly is an "active adult" when I saw these developments popping up (no pun intended) all over FL. OMG.....never did I think of living in one....but I guess I'm there now

My husband just turned 55.....I'm not quite there yet but I guess I could live in a community like that by default. Hmmm.....maybe I should check into these. I bet they are having a good ol' time......kids are all grown...time to let your hair down and enjoy the freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 06:29 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,427,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdroppingin View Post
Ha! That is funny. I do think though that there is a difference between the 55 and over "active adult" communities and retirement communities.

Anyway I often thought what exactly is an "active adult" when I saw these developments popping up (no pun intended) all over FL. OMG.....never did I think of living in one....but I guess I'm there now

My husband just turned 55.....I'm not quite there yet but I guess I could live in a community like that by default. Hmmm.....maybe I should check into these. I bet they are having a good ol' time......kids are all grown...time to let your hair down and enjoy the freedom.
I bet that is the right term I was looking for. Active Adult community. So are there any in Boise?

Old 03-12-2009, 12:46 AM

9 posts, read 14,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I bet that is the right term I was looking for. Active Adult community. So are there any in Boise?
Actually I found one in Eagle......but that's all for now....there must be some more.

Anyway, some of these communities are just for 55 and up and some go as far as having assisted living facilities. So who knows......I never really thought about them before so I guess I have to do more research.

I'm not sure about all the rules and regs either. I could never live anywhere that won't allow dogs. I have two and one is over 90 lbs. so I'm not sure how receptive they would be of him. So it's probably out of the question......cause he's my bud.

Does your friend like the one you mentioned in Nampa? I think I would prefer to be closer to Boise. So much to figure out. That's why we want to rent first.

Thanks to all of you who responded.....any feedback is welcomed.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:59 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,427,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdroppingin View Post
Actually I found one in Eagle......but that's all for now....there must be some more.

Anyway, some of these communities are just for 55 and up and some go as far as having assisted living facilities. So who knows......I never really thought about them before so I guess I have to do more research.

I'm not sure about all the rules and regs either. I could never live anywhere that won't allow dogs. I have two and one is over 90 lbs. so I'm not sure how receptive they would be of him. So it's probably out of the question......cause he's my bud.

Does your friend like the one you mentioned in Nampa? I think I would prefer to be closer to Boise. So much to figure out. That's why we want to rent first.

Thanks to all of you who responded.....any feedback is welcomed.
She loves the one in Nampa. I've been there a few times and it's a nice place. No kids creating racket skateboarding up and down the streets. I think each house is allowed kids for only 2 weeks per year, so no grandparents taking care of kids after school. They have a dog but there's no barking allowed at all ever. Hers was outside once when I was there and started to bark. She flew out the door and grabbed it before the 2nd bark could even form. I'd be very happy there but I'm not quite old enough. Plus like you said, it's in Nampa. There are some real estate agents who post here, surely they know where they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area